+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Surgeons Patient advisors/representatives

Surgeons Patient advisors/representatives, do these people get paid on commission?

I think it is completely wrong if they do.

What makes you ask that question?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    What makes you ask that question?
    Well I sent consultation photos to several clinics a few weeks back In the mean time I have been emailing a representative of one surgeon who features on here a lot.

After a week I got a response from someone who represents the same clinic.

For some reason he asked me to send photos in for consultation although I had already done so, not sure why.

I told him I had sent some to another colleague of his and that I was going to send some further photos in to his colleague of me with longer hair. But he told me I should send these photos to him.

It just made me a bit suspicious and I could only think he was after commission.

It may just be me being skeptical but thats the way it came across.

I do hope these people do not work on commission, that would concern me as that would indicate they are all about the money and this should not be about money.

It is probably a mix up Sausage.

I know that Spex is salaried and not commissioned as he runs his own property business and he had been on here for years helping people for nothing,most people know that.

He is the only rep I know who participates that doesn't do it for money.

Regarding others, I cannot pass comment as I don't know.

But all the doctors and representatives read the major forums, so the manner in which you conduct yourself on here will not be appreciated by them stating this publicly on here.

Who are you refering to?

But all the doctors and representatives read the major forums, so the manner in which you conduct yourself on here will not be appreciated by them stating this publicly on here.

Who are you refering to?
    1. I have not conducted myself in any negative manner thankyou!

2. Why the hell are you saying I should not state this publicly on here and then you ask me who I am referring to!!!

Probably the most ridiculous thing to say ever.

Sausage.

Clearly you think that the manner in which you have conducted yourself is appropiate as you continue to do so on the forum.

If you were financially astute, Why would you publicly state on a major forum that you had £25,000 in the bank for a hair transplant?

That would play in to the hands, if they were of such.

It is a schoolboy error.

Starting threads like this, patient advisors/consultants will instanteously take a dislike to you and may even be unwilling to help you if they come to find out who you are.

It even suffices to say that you are indirectly questioning Spencer Kobren's morals as he would NOT recommend surgeons on here, who would pray on potential newbie patients for a quick buck.

Act with some dignity before you type your posts.

You are insistant on having fue, when your level of baldness at the age of 27 does not warrant this.

You have been told to start finasteride and you think you know best not to listen to them and that it doesn't work.

It is likely you will go to Norwood level 7 without it, with the level of baldness you have at your age.

Trust me, you will be shovelling a lot more than 25 grand at hair restoration surgery if you don't listen to valid advice.

A surgeon will not want to operate on a patient, knowing that the patient they will potentially perform surgery on, is a headless chicken running riot on forum, that they are a recommended doctor on, posting everywhere,offending and questioning experts who know their stuff.

Sausage.

Clearly you think that the manner in which you have conducted yourself is appropiate as you continue to do so on the forum.

If you were financially astute, Why would you publicly state on a major forum that you had £25,000 in the bank for a hair transplant?

That would play in to the hands, if they were of such.

It is a schoolboy error.

Starting threads like this, patient advisors/consultants will instanteously take a dislike to you and may even be unwilling to help you if they come to find out who you are.

It even suffices to say that you are indirectly questioning Spencer Kobren's morals as he would NOT recommend surgeons on here, who would pray on potential newbie patients for a quick buck.

Act with some dignity before you type your posts.
    I think you need to act with some dignity and stop whining.

How many times do you want to be a hypocrite? Everything you say is a contradiction.

Firstly you say that I should not have mentioned this on the forum cos it might piss off some consultants but you ask me to name who I was talking about. I mean WTF!

Secondly you criticise me for talking about my financial situation because you think consultants would take advantage of me. Your telling me my non-offensive post is going to piss off consultants but you go on to say they will take advantage of me financially. I think your the one thats the consultants will be taking a disliking to.

Do you not realise how much b*llox your talking?

Sausage don’t ever be ashamed or fear asking questions. In fact I would suggest to you to ask very harsh questions, such as has the clinic ever been sued, has the clinic ever sued a patient, has the clinic ever sued a forum, ask for details and number of occurrences. Can you discuss your case freely? A clinic with nothing to hide will almost laugh as they know this goes on and they are more than happy to address your concerns.

Don’t ever let a doctor or clinic put you in a position where you are intimidated, if so then just move on and DO NOT HAVE A PROCEDURE.

Whether you have money or not has no bearing on the advice an ethical clinic will give you, if it did it would be poor choice to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Sausage don’t ever be ashamed or fear asking questions. In fact I would suggest to you to ask very harsh questions, such as has the clinic ever been sued, has the clinic ever sued a patient, has the clinic ever sued a forum, ask for details and number of occurrences. Can you discuss your case freely? A clinic with nothing to hide will almost laugh as they know this goes on and they are more than happy to address your concerns.

Don’t ever let a doctor or clinic put you in a position where you are intimidated, if so then just move on and DO NOT HAVE A PROCEDURE.

Whether you have money or not has no bearing on the advice an ethical clinic will give you, if it did it would be poor choice to begin with.
    Exactly....my question is in no way offensive. And as a potential customer I have every right to ask this question. I can think of plenty of harsh questions to ask. You have to ask harsh questions when someone is going to take thousands of pounds off you and get personal with such a sensitive issue. This question is no where near in the harsh category. Clinics should expect these type of questions and the best ones should understand patients asking those questions, hair transplants are generally seen in a bad light so patients should be skeptical.

I have no idea why Chrisdav seems to think this question is going to upset anyone. I have no idea why he is being hypocritical. I have no idea why he thinks that a clinic would try to rip me off and I have no idea why he thinks I would not research prices so that I don't get ripped off. I have no idea why he is moaning at me for thinking about getting FUE when many top surgeons I have been speaking to are happy to carry out FUE surgery on me.