+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Sausage don’t ever be ashamed or fear asking questions. In fact I would suggest to you to ask very harsh questions, such as has the clinic ever been sued, has the clinic ever sued a patient, has the clinic ever sued a forum, ask for details and number of occurrences. Can you discuss your case freely? A clinic with nothing to hide will almost laugh as they know this goes on and they are more than happy to address your concerns..
    You can ask those questions but I doubt a clinic would answer .
    They would probably say something along the lines of " ....that would be confidential .."

Inactive

Its all very valid questions !
    All questions should be asked and answered..

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Surgeons Patient advisors/representatives, do these people get paid on commission?

I think it is completely wrong if they do.
    Just my two cents on the matter. I personally do not care how Patient advisors/representatives get paid as long as they are conducting themselves in an ethical manner.

Salary, not commission and proud of it. That's the way I asked it to be set up since I wanted to keep my conscience clean. We also don't have sales meetings, don't have quotas and do not receive performance bonuses. Living as a NW6 with a pluggy hairline during my 20's makes it difficult to do it any other way.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Surgeons Patient advisors/representatives, do these people get paid on commission?

I think it is completely wrong if they do.
    Sorry I saw this thread a bit late however:

I have been saying this same thing for years and completely agree with you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Just my two cents on the matter. I personally do not care how Patient advisors/representatives get paid as long as they are conducting themselves in an ethical manner.
    I know where you are coming from Tracy but trust me, if a clinic does set-up an environment of "commission earnings", it actually produces a competive environment. The clinics who compensate their consultants on a commission basis are almost always, if not always, money driven, and so their reps are put in a position to meet quotas and goals. Their reps are trained to "close the deal", not necessairly to think of the patients' best interest. This includes saying no to desperate individuals who are driven emotionally by their hairloss yet may not even be a candidate for HT surgery.

Yet the consultant may have a slow month going and has rent, car payments coming up. The reps have to answer to their sales managers as to why their not closing more surgeries and really put the pressure on.

It puts patients across the board at higher risk of being sold, not properly counseled. How many times do we hear about someone being sold a HT and did not even need one! He/she puts up their before pics and you and I and others are telling them that they never even needed a HT. Yet the fatal mistake many patients make is to tell the consultant or doctor that they already have the money to pay for a procedure.

I still hear about it to this day.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin