Ache in testicles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Pharmaceutical companies are notorious for overpricing their products to make gobs of profit. They have to prove safety and efficacy, so at least we can tell what works, but brand-name drugs tend to be very overpriced.
    I'm not sure why the price of Propecia went up so much, or why 1 mg of finasteride costs much more than 5 mg. It might have to do with patent laws. US law unfortunately allows for some very shady business practices (I'm sure this is true in many other countries also).

Something else I should've mentioned: if your doctor refuses to prescribe 5 mg pills, just go to a different doctor. I guarantee you'll find one who will cooperate.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PvH
      people will find any means to justify their decision lol

seriously why are we helping/promoting propecia to these skeptics? if they're skeptical then it's obvious that their hair loss haven't affected them to the point where they'd take the risk of taking propecia. let them go bald knowing they didn't run the risk of potential dick fail and that they made the best decision. as for rest of us we can all enjoy the obvious benefit of taking propecia.
      I see your point, but the reason I persist isn't so much to stop Big 3 Bashers from going bald. It's to stop other people reading the forum from going bald if they don't want to.
      If someone is weighing the pro's and cons of taking one of these drugs, they can't possibly make an informed decision if they believe they have a 20% chance of sexual side effects or that they will permanently become impotent. If I believed those things 18 months ago, I would have just let myself go bald. Considering how much I already struggle (mentally) with hair loss, I can't imagine how much worse I would be with an additional 1 1/2 years of MPB progression.
      People who want to keep their hair should have the chance to do so without the kind of fear mongering we sometimes see on this forum.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
        Inactive
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
        One personal experience doesn't override 15 years of scientific study.
        Its not one, theres plenty, on this forum alone theres plenty..

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
          Inactive
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bob13
          And one more thing I cant stand the fact that they are charging 94 dollars
          all of a sudden. They are a bunch of Pr$$$ks at Merck.
          Now, I've heard of rip offs but this is beyond belief.
          94$ for 1 bottle ? 1 month supply ?
          My advice.. save that money for a good transplant.

Comment

• bob13
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
            That is what MY GP said .

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
              Inactive
              • Jan 2012

That is what MY GP said .
              But why do You do it ? You've spent years and probably huge amounts of money already, the regrowth was next to none and most importantly You had side effects. So, why go down that road again and at such high cost ?

Comment

• bob13
                • Jan 2012

But why do You do it ? You've spent years and probably huge amounts of money already, the regrowth was next to none and most importantly You had side effects. So, why go down that road again and at such high cost ?
                Im 65 and Im not that bald just a bald spot in the crown which isn't that bad.

Comment

• khan
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                  I see your point, but the reason I persist isn't so much to stop Big 3 Bashers from going bald. It's to stop other people reading the forum from going bald if they don't want to.
                  If someone is weighing the pro's and cons of taking one of these drugs, they can't possibly make an informed decision if they believe they have a 20% chance of sexual side effects or that they will permanently become impotent. If I believed those things 18 months ago, I would have just let myself go bald. Considering how much I already struggle (mentally) with hair loss, I can't imagine how much worse I would be with an additional 1 1/2 years of MPB progression.
                  People who want to keep their hair should have the chance to do so without the kind of fear mongering we sometimes see on this forum.
                  Yea that kind of happened to me. It took me 3 years to get on the wagon. I lost a lot of grass because of that. Basically everytime I would decide to go for it, I'd end up reading something that would scare the lights out of me.
                  Then some users said natural was the side effect free, and just as efficient way to go, so I wasted addittional 9 months on that road.

Comment

• bob13
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by khan
                    Yea that kind of happened to me. It took me 3 years to get on the wagon. I lost a lot of grass because of that. Basically everytime I would decide to go for it, I'd end up reading something that would scare the lights out of me.
                    Then some users said natural was the side effect free, and just as efficient way to go, so I wasted additional 9 months on that road.
                    I have posted about my thoughts.
                    I am not telling anybody that Propecia isnt good for them. But I am saying the side effects you can live with might be too much too.
                    I will still take a half dose just to maintain or until I dont care anymore.
                    Please anybody reading this thread. Understand what I just said.

It might help you to decide. It's just hair.

Baldness is not life threatening.
                    I appreciate Koburn having this forum for you to decide.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2012

Im 65 and Im not that bald just a bald spot in the crown which isn't that bad.
                      By the sounds of it, You're doing better than I am. I'm barely half Your age but I have significant receding in the front plus bald crown in the back.

Comment

• Jan 2012

yeah that will stop you for losing hair...

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

I did not realize Propecia was that expensive. However the generic version of Finasteride is much less expensive. In the U.S., generic Finasteride is usually on the low cost generic medications list at many pharmacies. Which can lower the cost even more.

To say it is better to save that money for a good transplant is foolish. Hair tranplant surgery does not stop the progression of hereditary hair loss.

Comment

Working...