+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    What else need to be said.. And those finasteride promoters here claim so loudly how its 'proven' and it 'will work' and its 'safe'... With all the serious effects and side effects, and doubtful regrowth.. one more experience says that its simply not worth it.
    Actually, it is proven, safe and effective for the vast majority of users. We have a decade and a half of data to show this.
    "One more experience says that its simply not worth it"... except the poster took it for six years and is resuming it even now. Guess it was worth it.

people will find any means to justify their decision lol

seriously why are we helping/promoting propecia to these skeptics? if they're skeptical then it's obvious that their hair loss haven't affected them to the point where they'd take the risk of taking propecia. let them go bald knowing they didn't run the risk of potential dick fail and that they made the best decision. as for rest of us we can all enjoy the obvious benefit of taking propecia.

if you're on the fence then do yourself a favor and steer clear from finasteride. if saving your hair despite the risk seems like a no brainer then you already have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    people will find any means to justify their decision lol

seriously why are we helping/promoting propecia to these skeptics? if they're skeptical then it's obvious that their hair loss haven't affected them to the point where they'd take the risk of taking propecia. let them go bald knowing they didn't run the risk of potential dick fail and that they made the best decision. as for rest of us we can all enjoy the obvious benefit of taking propecia.

if you're on the fence then do yourself a favor and steer clear from finasteride. if saving your hair despite the risk seems like a no brainer then you already have the answer.
    I couldn't have put it better.

What people also seem to forget is there are risks to everything. Smoking for one causes lung cancer with zero benefits. Sex is another big one. There are several possibilities of things that can go wrong, even with protection. But you don't see forums after forums bashing sex.
    So you don't want to try propecia cause of fear of side. We get it man!! Its your choice, and on some level I envy people that are fine with losing fair. But going around telling everyone your dick will fall of is uncalled for. Even worse is promoting natural stuff as safe. I remember reading several posts of people claiming Saw Palmetto destroyed their life. One user even claimed it caused internal bleeding and he has to be rushed to the hospital. So how exactly is the natural stuff safe, and Finasteride poisson?

Inactive

He took it for 6 years and hasn't regrown hair, plus got the side effects and quit. Very much proven, safe and effective that is !

I have found a new side effect. Sty's in eye's. Koburn said on his show he had a chalzion, well I was getting sty's and Chalazions while the 6 years I was taking it.
    I had none for the 6 months I quit. I started again now I have a Chalazion
    and a sty in my other eye.
    The Hormonal changes must screw with a lot more than we think.
    I beginning to find out it just may not be worth it.

I had suspicions before but now I believe this is true.

Geez
    There are side effects to all drugs
    They even state less than 2% of men experienced side effects. 1.8% experienced a mild decrease sex drive.

If you're not one of those 2% I congratulate you that you can take the med , without any sides, and it helps you .

I unfortuanelty was one of those 2 % and as much as I would love to maintain what I have / had it just bothered the heck out of me .

I'm not here to tell anyone you shouldn't or should take it

That';s a choice each person has to make on their own

And I wish everyone well in the decision

Lets face it people are so scared to look like their bald father they'll take anything. I know I am one of them.
    Although my Dad has a full head of hair on my Mom's side they are all bald.

And one more thing I cant stand the fact that they are charging 94 dollars
    all of a sudden. They are a bunch of Pr$$$ks at Merck.

It;s a recession and they are charging more money for the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    He took it for 6 years and hasn't regrown hair, plus got the side effects and quit. Very much proven, safe and effective that is !
    One personal experience doesn't override 15 years of scientific study. So yes, the drug remains proven safe for the vast majority of users. Also, he maintained hair and improved its quality, so yes it was effective for him (and even if it wasn't, we know it's effective for the majority of users because we have the data already).

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    Lets face it people are so scared to look like their bald father they'll take anything. I know I am one of them.
    Although my Dad has a full head of hair on my Mom's side they are all bald.

And one more thing I cant stand the fact that they are charging 94 dollars
    all of a sudden. They are a bunch of Pr$$$ks at Merck.

It;s a recession and they are charging more money for the crap.
    I highly recommend getting a prescription for 5 mg finasteride tablets and cutting them into quarters. You'll save a lot of money. You'll get an additional .25 mg of finasteride daily, but it doesn't seem to matter in terms of effectiveness or side effects.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I highly recommend getting a prescription for 5 mg finasteride tablets and cutting them into quarters. You'll save a lot of money. You'll get an additional .25 mg of finasteride daily, but it doesn't seem to matter in terms of effectiveness or side effects.
    Good luck.
    Your correct and I thank-you. You care about people.

But Damit why does Merck charge more for the 1 mill and not for the 5 mill.
    It;s because they are a bunch of crooks using baldness to make money off
    distressed people.

They are nothing more than drug dealers.

When I first took propecia it was 65 dollars . Why is it 94 now?