+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ahhh…..let me ease your weary mind....I spent hours upon hours researching the technique just so we could figure this darn dilemma out and convince those disbelievers. OK, actually I just spent a few minutes.... For the record, the guy in the video from the link in my first thread I was told is an actual patient pre and post FUE. Regardless, here are a few more links....

I think the confusion is in the concept that the follicular unit is removed with the hair in its long state. Obviously it is not. Basically a hair clip holds up a section of the long hair to get access to the donor section of choice. He then cuts the hair at scalp level from the follicular unit he will be transplanting before he extracts it. He only cuts the hair arising from that particular unit (I’m guessing he might be using the edge of the punch attached to the CIT tool. If it is designed in a way to cut into scalp, it can certainly trim a hair). He then moves on to the next FU and repeats. Any FU's not being extracted do not have their hairs cut. The result is what you see in the photos and from what I'm guessing is what Richard is trying to achieve......Not buzzing his entire head down to the scalp. The procedure takes a lot longer, hence the price difference.

And there you have it..... I FUE procedure without buzzing ones entire scalp with a #0 clipper.

...Hope that helps.

The second link you posted directs you to the patient known as "Wassup". He used to be very active on the boards and I always considered him to be a good guy. However, it appears that there is a discrepancy with how he is being presented currently.

Wassup had three strip procedures with Dr. Cole for a total of 5750 grafts. He had an 1100 graft CIT procedure in July 2004 after he had his three strip surgeries for a grand total of 6850 grafts. On the link you presented he is classified as a NW3V with a total of 5600 grafts in only three procedures . If you're wondering where I got my numbers I got them from a post that Wassup made himself back in 2008. Here is a screen shot of the post...

In this photo you can see the outline of the strip scar, again, taken from Dr. Cole's website showing the final result of the CIT surgeries...

There is zero mention of strip being used on Wassup in the latest presentation but there is a small word in the upper left hand corner that says the result is CIT "(mixed)". You have to look really hard to see it.

I just wanted this to be clear as it is presented as a CIT result when clearly it is not. Oddly, Wassup is not listed in the strip gallery on Dr. Cole's website. Perhaps it was an oversight.
    Last edited by Jotronic; 04-20-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I had the non shaven FUE with dr cole back in 2008, only 1100 grafts. His staff came in an hour early and two of them thinned out my donor area with small scissors close to the skin. It was explained that they cut every other hair in the donor down to the skin and extracted the ones that were cut. I was back to work in ten days with no evidence that anything had been done. If my job allowed, I'd have opted for shaven since it is cheaper and faster.

It is real and it works. Spex, my donor pics etc are posted at hlh under Gary.

Jotronic... would you be able to post some before and after photo's from Dr Hasson and Wong of their strip revision work? Something that is at least 8 months out from the revision date would be great. This way most of the stretchback would have taken place. If people like Richard and myself choose to go the route of a revision it would be nice to see some results we can expect from of one of the better FUT surgeons.

Thanks Oracle for the input. Boy I was way off on how the hair is cut back.....Obviously it's not rocket science. Hope your happy with the results.

Hey Richard, I'm just curious to know how many grafts in total you had and were they placed all over the head or mostly in front.

Oracle... Did you have Acell applied to your donor site? Did you notice any benifit?

No Acell for me. I had my procedure in 2008. I'm not sure I'd pay 1k to have Acell added to my grafts given lack of evidence that there's a meaningful benefit.

yup...it is possible to have FUE without shaving the donor area! I had a small FUE done last year without any shaving at all.