Threaded View

Ahhh…..let me ease your weary mind....I spent hours upon hours researching the technique just so we could figure this darn dilemma out and convince those disbelievers. OK, actually I just spent a few minutes.... For the record, the guy in the video from the link in my first thread I was told is an actual patient pre and post FUE. Regardless, here are a few more links....

I think the confusion is in the concept that the follicular unit is removed with the hair in its long state. Obviously it is not. Basically a hair clip holds up a section of the long hair to get access to the donor section of choice. He then cuts the hair at scalp level from the follicular unit he will be transplanting before he extracts it. He only cuts the hair arising from that particular unit (I’m guessing he might be using the edge of the punch attached to the CIT tool. If it is designed in a way to cut into scalp, it can certainly trim a hair). He then moves on to the next FU and repeats. Any FU's not being extracted do not have their hairs cut. The result is what you see in the photos and from what I'm guessing is what Richard is trying to achieve......Not buzzing his entire head down to the scalp. The procedure takes a lot longer, hence the price difference.

And there you have it..... I FUE procedure without buzzing ones entire scalp with a #0 clipper.

...Hope that helps.