+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Fue Without Shaving Head?

I have had four strip procedures in the past and my hairline is pretty good now. I decided to have an fue to make my frontal hairline a little stronger as well as have about 200 grafts put into a donor scar. Everything was a go until the consultant told me they would have to shave my head. While I find shaving my head very unpleasant I also have about 6 or 7 donor scars on the back and sides of the head. I have made hotel, flight reservations as well as given them a 1000 dollar deposit. I'm really starting to freak out over having my head shaved with all those scars. I was very careful on my four prior procedures that even friends and family don't know I have had anything done. Again, I need about 200 grafts for scar revision and I was thinking around 600 or so to make my hair line stronger. Any help would be appreciated as I don't know if I can mentally cope with looking like a freak for at least a month.

thanks,

Richard

Default No flexibilty?

Who is the Doc?

Its impossible to perform FUE extractions without shaving down. The clinic should have made you well aware of this prior to any booking was made.

Did they tell you prior you wouldnt need to shave and then only just told you they would ?

Could you in light of your numerous strip surgeries previously opt for another small strip surgery and revise some previous scar whilst harvesting appropriate numbers for the hairline.

This could be done with minimal downtime required as only a small track would need to be shaved down to perform the scar revision and with some length in the donor region which i assume you have already you could easily cover this area.

Dr Lindsey for example does this with minimal shaving in donor and also wouldn't need to shave the recipient area either for a small number into the hairline.

SPEX
    Last edited by Spex; 02-12-2012 at 03:22 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Spex, would it be possible to shave donor but cover with existing hair? Does recipient always need to be shaved for FUE?

Thanks for the reply Spex. It was actually Dr. Charles who I know is a great Doctor. I spoke with his receptionist on the phone and she even made hotel and flight reservations for me. Nothing came up about shaving my donor head until I spoke with Dr. Charles after I gave them my deposit. He was very understanding of my concern and proposed that he could do a small procedure of perhaps 500 or so grafts by just shaving different areas on the scalp. I thought about this for another day and decided that is was not worth having a procedure this small and called his receptionist and told her I changed my mind. I feel really bad as I don't think i'm going to get my deposit back and no mention of the shaving was conveyed to me until after they took my deposit.

Haha. Dr. Bauman calls it a stealth shave. Sounds funny.