+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Sausage,

To answer your original question, you are looking at probably about six months at the least before one should consider FUE into the scar. I caution you however that FUE into scar is not a reliable solution. While this option is discussed online often there are, in reality, relatively few examples that successfully represent your goal.
    So Fue grafts placed into the scar doesn't generally work? ....why?

Is that because the scar tissue doesn't accept the grafts like a normal scalp does?

Sausage,

How long after FUT is it recommended to have your scar filled in?

How long should it be left before getting it fixed up?

It would be highly recommended by any ethical Doc to WAIT 12+ months minimum post op strip surgery in order for the strip scar to heal and settle. The scar can still stretch months post op so the longer you leave it to settle the better. You might not even need FUE into it. After 12 months+ you can assess the outcome of the scar and determine actually whether or not the NEED to FUE into the scar.The strip scar when perform by todays top standards can result in patients shaving down pretty tight. The scars outcome depends on your physiology also.The ability to buzz tight even with the best scar in the world is heavily dependant on the individuals donor density also.Many factors and variables to consider. The individual patient brings many variables to the table. Its not black and white. HT is not an exact science. Many think it is, it NOT. You must understand this prior to pulling the trigger on any form of HT. Either method you cant just back out if they do not work which i feel is where your head is at.

See this strip scar here if you can of a Dr Feller patient called "Pete" he has 2800 grafts via strip and this was his scar post op :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiQgXY4K-uI

Also this patient had 3800+ with Dr Feller ( NW6GUY )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEw...6&feature=plcp

Does this mean your scar will turn out the same - NO. All patients are different and bring many variables to the table.

If you had a problem area with your scar hypothetically then you can FUE in to the scar. I FUE'd into my old Bosley Strip scar with great success. The success of FUE into a scar depends on the skill of the FUE surgeon but also how vascular the scar is ( blood supply)

Might i make a suggestion that you actually meet several patients in person from the clinic you are entertaining first. You didn't answer my previous questions on the other topics so i know very little about you or your situation but from what i can gather i think this would be the best thing for you to do.

How old are you out of interest ?

Regards
    SPEX
    Last edited by Spex; 02-12-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Either method you cant just back out if they do not work which i feel is where your head is at.
    Thanks for your reply spex.

I did not quite understand the quoted comment you made (above).

I am not quite sure what you meant.

I am being precautious, I just want to know that if anything did go wrong with a HT that I am not going to come out looking worse on top than I did before I went in ie. Scarring. As you say a strip scar can be restored so that is reassuring.

As for any scaring to the recipient areas, generally how bad could that look if no/little transplanted hair survived?

I am 27. I am looking to get strip done, but need some questions answered to better prepare myself and understand the process. Hense all my many recent posts on this forum.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I don't get why you don't get it.
    I don't understand why someone who wants to wear his hair short would bother getting a hair transplant at all. It seems rather pointless to me.

There is scarring with FUE by the way. There was a recording of the bald truth talk show not long ago which was aired during an FUE procedure. Near the end of the show they zoom in on the patient's previous FUE scars from 2009 to show you what they look like. Here it is.

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-los...-youtube-live/

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I don't understand why someone who wants to wear his hair short would bother getting a hair transplant at all. It seems rather pointless to me.
    I understand that your trying to help, and I really appreciate it, and hope you continue to help me.

I know you don't agree with people getting a Hair Transplant if they are going to cut their hair short, you have said that several times.

But you have not explained why?

I understand there can be scarring, I understand that transplanted hair may not look good shaved down. But if your reason is scarring then that does not make much sense when one of your previous posts said that FUT scars can be pretty much unnoticeable. So I don't really understand what exactly you think makes HT and short hair pointless?

Would you think it was pointless for a patient to get a FUT transplant but have a crew cut like Ricky Martin? If so why? If what you said about strip scars being unnoticeable I see no issue with it. Also if the scar is noticeable you can get hair transplanted into the scar so the scar issue is not an issue.

What is it that you don't understand and how short is " short " to you ?

Some people want to restore their hairline, maybe grow it to 1 to 2 inches ( a longer version of a buzz cut that still frames their face ) and and have hair on their head and not have to grow their hair 4 or 5 inches long and look like a glorified comb over .

One to two inches is not short to me - for a male anyways. I think buzz cut when someone says they want their hair short. So I guess I think for a male, short is less than 1 inch.

One to two inches is not short to me - for a male anyways. I think buzz cut when someone says they want their hair short. So I guess I think for a male, short is less than 1 inch.
    I understand that 1-2 inches is not short.

I am not talking about the top of the head. I am talking about the short back and sides, this is a few millimetres long where the donor strip would hypothetically come from.

In your opinion is there or is there not a problem with someone wanting that Ricky Martin hair cut who wants FUT done? If so why?

I do not understand why anyone who wants to wear there hair really short would bother with getting a hair transplant..
    Some poeple want this result

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7330

Not short all over. It's a common style for men to cut it short on the back and sides and let it get a bit longer on top. I used to have my hair cut to 3/8 inch on the sides and back and then maybe about 1-1.5 inches on top. Now some people might want to go for 3/8 inch on the back and sides and maybe have it 1.5-2 inches on top with transplanted hair. It's a legitimate concern for guys. That thick on the sides, thin on the top look is not a good one. We want it the other way around ideally.