+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Interesting, you've decided to go the route of HT? Does this not however require continual use of propecia post-op?

Hows your endeavour to experiment with lower dosages going, chrisis?
    I'm not touching finasteride again until I'm happy that my sides are totally gone. I think things are getting better, so maybe I'll start on 0.25mg in a few weeks.

If I can't tolerate finasteride, I'll just have to use minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo and some of the other supplements outside of the big 3, e.g. zinc, maybe saw palmetto (if I don't get sides).

I'm also keeping an eye on Replicel and other companies. If they come out with something promising, then it's possible any future hairloss could be remedied at a cellular level. It's gonna take a few years to come to market, so I doubt I'll be waiting that long even if they get 100% success!

So long as I get my hairline sorted, I feel relatively confident given, a) my comparatively minor balding pattern at age 28, and b) advances in therapies, that I will be ok

Great attitude, stay hopeful mate.Hope your sides subside (no pun intended).

Saw palmetto might be an option. I've contemplated using it myself. Along with beta sitosterol, or whatever it was STTB was pushing. Problem is I've had sexual sides on SSRI's in the past, and am skeptical to use anything that might have negative effects in that respect. Especially not propecia, regardless of potential risk.

I've been trying out nanogen fibres for the last little while. I've been generally happy with them, aside from the fact they don't necessarily work the best on the hairline or where my temples are slick bald.

Try em out maybe, if you're up for it. Hey, if women are allowed makeup, we should be allowed concealers too!

Thanks for the tip but I don't think concealers or fibres would be any good for me. I don't have any loss at the crown, just receded hair!

Touch wood my crown will be ok. I talked to my mum at the weekend she said her Dad had similar hair to me - receded but not bald at the back. He died around age 40 though.

Going out for my 20th birthday tomorrow! To wear a hat, or not to wear a hat? That, is the question.

I oftentimes feel as if I'm judged less harshly by people I don't know if I'm wearing one. Could be a cognitive distortion, who knows.

Maybe I'm thinking about my hair much more fervently than most, but I do strongly believe girls are going for guys who they find most (generally) attractive. This considered, my receded hairline is not exactly one of my best qualities.

So, hat or no hat, what says baldtruth?

At the age of 20, majority of *girls* are going to be vain. Most will not have figured out what a man actually is.

Never know, the receding hairline etc might just attract a cougar. Go Au Natural Man!

It totally depends! It's a personal decision. If you feel better with a hat - wear it. Unless I knew you personally I couldn't really advise in terms of how you look.

Ay, ****. Shouldn't be having to think about this on my birthday. Thanks for the support regardless, guys. Been a rough year sort of.