Coping with Hair Loss in Every Day Life - Page 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mnx View Post
    I didn't affect me too much during the date
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but of course it didn't!

For the same reason when I go to my local indoor climbing gym my hair doesn't even enter my mind. I'm so focused on something I enjoy that requires, well, focus heh, that I simply end up not caring about my own hair. This is a good thing. Yes, its always "there" in the back of my mind (evidenced by the fact I notice the balding/bald guys at the gym and the kids with huge amounts of hair) but it doesn't enter my active train of thought.

, but I've been so overwhelmed with anxiety and depression that I am afraid it is going to spoil what could be a nice thing going on.
    I'm beginning to realize that the biggest problem we have is a wandering mind. When there is nothing to focus our minds, "hair" comes front and center. Often times this is a mental thing that needs to be overcome.

Monday was a great day for me, I didn't "think" about it at all. Tuesday though? For whatever reason it got into my head on the way into work and just wouldn't leave.

In some ways this forum is good, and others its terrible because it makes us think about the very thing we wish we wouldn't obsess about.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but of course it didn't!

For the same reason when I go to my local indoor climbing gym my hair doesn't even enter my mind. I'm so focused on something I enjoy that requires, well, focus heh, that I simply end up not caring about my own hair. This is a good thing. Yes, its always "there" in the back of my mind (evidenced by the fact I notice the balding/bald guys at the gym and the kids with huge amounts of hair) but it doesn't enter my active train of thought.

I'm beginning to realize that the biggest problem we have is a wandering mind. When there is nothing to focus our minds, "hair" comes front and center. Often times this is a mental thing that needs to be overcome.

Monday was a great day for me, I didn't "think" about it at all. Tuesday though? For whatever reason it got into my head on the way into work and just wouldn't leave.

In some ways this forum is good, and others its terrible because it makes us think about the very thing we wish we wouldn't obsess about.
    You're right on both counts. To be honest I think I need to stay off this site and stop thinking about my hair.

As requested we've started a new forum category dedicated to the topic of "Coping With Hair Loss In Everyday Life." Learning to deal with the emotional aspects of hair loss is a big part of our daily struggle and we hope this new addition to the forum provides a place to gain strength and inspiration from others.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm finding myself having second thoughts if friends ask me out somewhere. If I don't fix this I fear I will become a hairless hermit!
    Don't do that. I did that for a decade. I will never get that decade back. Find a way to live with it so you can live your life. I know it's hard but trust me, it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    As requested we've started a new forum category dedicated to the topic of "Coping With Hair Loss In Everyday Life." Learning to deal with the emotional aspects of hair loss is a big part of our daily struggle and we hope this new addition to the forum provides a place gain strength and inspiration from others.
    Incredible. Thank you, from all of us around the forums.

Went the whole weekend without wearing a hat! Figure it better not to hide what hair I have. Little battles; make small daily progress.

Had a good weekend myself, someone complimented me on my hair and how it looked good in a quiff. For him it was probably a casual remark, but it made my night. Last time someone made a comment was to say it was receded, but I think combination of the minoxidil helping thicken the hairline and learning to style it better has helped a lot.

I don't know if this will help any of you but it realllly helped me and is still helping me get over the hair loss sadness.

ONE DAY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE HERE, ON EARTH, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE IN THIS LIFE AND BE A HUMAN BEING.

I know this is something that almost everyone thinks about, but really let it marinate. Really let it soak in. Everything around you is gong to be gone one day and you will never be able to get it back, ever. The people around you, the earth, the beauty.

This simple thought helps me in almost every situation and really has helped me to overcome my fears. Try it out. Hopefully it will really influence you to have a positive outlook on almost everything. I hope.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jgold View Post
    I don't know if this will help any of you but it realllly helped me and is still helping me get over the hair loss sadness.

ONE DAY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE HERE, ON EARTH, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE IN THIS LIFE AND BE A HUMAN BEING.

I know this is something that almost everyone thinks about, but really let it marinate. Really let it soak in. Everything around you is gong to be gone one day and you will never be able to get it back, ever. The people around you, the earth, the beauty.

This simple thought helps me in almost every situation and really has helped me to overcome my fears. Try it out. Hopefully it will really influence you to have a positive outlook on almost everything. I hope.
    Extremly good advice, my broseph !

Turned down going out tonight. Partially cause I could do some work, moreso because I've been feeling really down about my hair loss these last couple days. Had a terrible dream last night that involved hair loss, as well. ****, etc.

It's Friday, everyone is out. I feel so sorry for my self; I know this is wrong, only further perpetuates my depressive state. Not coping well as of late.