Threaded View

A sub-forum of that kind might be a good idea. Even after successfully treating my hair loss for more than a year, I still find myself mentally struggling with it. There are still days when I feel like I can't even leave my home.

I think depression from hair loss is very understandable and natural, especially for those in their teens, 20's and 30's. There isn't really any other "benign" condition that so radically, rapidly changes the image of a young adult. It's a bit like losing most of your teeth in 5 years, or seeing your nose or ears double (or halve) in size. It's just this sudden and very visible transformation that isn't even lifestyle-related.. just bad luck in the genetic lottery.

And just to do my part in hijacking the thread further (sorry OP): I understand Tracy's frustration with fear mongering on this forum. Someone WILL visit this forum who could, with treatment, be a solid NW2 in 8-10 years from now - but instead will be a NW5 or 6 because they think they'll be permanently impotent otherwise (or some other nonsense like that).
    Knowing first-hand how this condition affects our thoughts and emotions, I truly feel sorry for whoever that is. Tracy does too. That's why she hammers on these points; if she manages to save even one person's future, it's worth it.