+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    I tried propeca but this is no longer an option.
    Think about beta sitosterol+saw palmetto.. I will soon finish my first month.. Its the best alternative to propecia. It sadly takes time but so does propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Think about beta sitosterol+saw palmetto.. I will soon finish my first month.. Its the best alternative to propecia. It sadly takes time but so does propecia.
    I'm not syre where to get beta sitosterol from? Does it come in tablet form? Revivogen contains this I believe.

What makes you say that?
    You are wasting your time, money and hair on bogus treatments that are not going to help you and avoiding the treatments that are most likely to help you. That is why I say that.

Inactive

I'm not syre where to get beta sitosterol from? Does it come in tablet form? Revivogen contains this I believe.
    You can find it online pretty much anywhere.. there are many brands, I currently use Natrol, but there are other brands too. It comes in the tablet form. The most important thing is concentration per tablet - the more the better. I currently use 510mg of beta sitosterol + 300mg of saw palmetto daily.. I believe it has to be taken orally - to block DHT, I'm not sure that topical solution has any similar effect, or if it does.. it might be ways more limited. Also, certain more rare foods include beta sitosterol.. pistachios, avocados, almonds, canola oil etc.

Here is an interesting interview with a beta sitosterol user:

"Here it is, what you’ve all been waiting for, the interview with WidowsPeak. If you haven’t heard of this fella, he’s experienced remarkable hair re-growth from primarily using beta sitosterol. Without further a do…

How do you think beta-sitoserol has helped you to regrow your hair?

I believe that beta-sis works by blocking the binding of 5ar to testosterone to make DHT. This process still happens, so the body gets some DHT (which it needs), but not enough to kill hair follicles. This allows the hair to regrow.

How long was it before you started seeing significant regrowth?

I started to see hairs regrowing within a few weeks of taking beta-sis. It took about 6 months before I could see that I had hair regrowing about 1/2 inch below where my hairline was. Many of the hairs had no pigmentation, so I dyed them black and was able to capture hair regrowing about 1/4 inch down on film.
    That’s how it’s been for over 2 years. I get 1/2 inch of regrowth in the temples, the 1/4 inch nearest the hairline shows up in photos and the other 1/4 inch shows up on film 6 months later.
    So, everytime I post pics there is actually more hair regrowing than what you’re seeing, which is how I’m able to predict more regrowth every 6 months. That will stop, once I get back to a straight hairline, or however close I can get to that. I think I’ve always had a slight widows peak, but time will tell.

Did you get any side effects (positive or negative) from taking beta-sitoserol?

I noticed an increased libido almost immediately. I also noticed that when I first started taking beta-sis, my scalp got really oily. A week later, I noticed that my temples were starting to itch like crazy.
    The oily scalp went away within about 3 weeks. The itching continues to this day, but is a lot more mild. Since the itching happens before an area regrows, I actually panic if I don’t feel at least a little itching everyday.

Do you think beta-sitoserol will work for everyone?

I don’t honestly know. I think that 60% of users responding positively is a fair number. Propecia, which works in a similar way, but is much more powerful, has about an 80% success rate.
    The thing that I will never understand is….I’ve read accounts from at least 3 diferent people who were using beta-sis and had hair regrowing, but then quit because of fears about this or that. Beta-sis is in fruits, vegetables and grains. Have you ever been to the doctor and had him tell you that you were eating too many fruits and vegetables? Of course not.

What is your supplement regime (quantities / timing / brands / cycling)?

My regimen:
    Twinlabs Cholesterol Success, 450 mg of beta sitosterol a day for 3 weeks, then 225 mg a day for a week, every month
    Now Foods, Eco-Green Multi Vitamin
    Now Foods, Spirulina, 500 mg
    Now Foods, Grape Seed Standardized Extract, 100 mg
    Now Foods, Glucosamine Sulfate, 1,100 mg
    Now Foods, MSM, 1000mg
    Now Foods, Zinc Supplements, 50mg
    I take my supplements on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and then exercise for an hour.
    A big part of my regimen is the following:
    No shampoo
    No sex
    No junk food
    No meat
    No alcohol or drugs
    No caffeine
    Please understand that you don’t need to take the same brands of supplements that I do. My local health food store just happens to carry the NOW brand.
    Also, if you’re a carnivore, you’re probably getting enough zinc in your diet and over-supplementing with zinc can block your bodys’ absorption of copper.
    Lastly, the spirulina is for the B12 that I don’t get from veggies and the glucosamine is for my back.

What sorts of foods does your typical daily diet involve?

I eat 3 small avacados for luch almost everyday. They are high in beta-sis (75mg beta-sis per 100 grams of avacado) and glutathione (an essential amino acid that has anti-aging properties).
    Alot of my diet is geared towards my 18 years as a vegetarian, so I eat things like the grain quinoa (keen-wah) to get all my proteins, I eat some soy, beans, fruits, veggies, brazil nuts (another complete protein). Lately I’ve been eating goji berries (another complete protein with 18 amino acids), as they have a polysaccharide in them that naturally boosts the bodys’ Growth Hormone levels.
    I try not to eat after 8pm at night, as that can cause your IGF levels to spike, making you obese.

How often do you wash you hair and what with? Do you use hot, cold or warm water?

My hair is essentially self-cleaning, so I only rinse it about once every 2 weeks with cold water. Cold water forces toxins out of your body.

Do you exercise — if so what exercise for how long and how frequently?

I ride my bike for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night, as it is my only means of transportation to and from work. I ride up and down some very steep hills, so I think that’s as much exercise as I really need, although I do kung fu a few nights a week.

What are your sleep patterns?

I’m up at 6:30 am and in bed by 11pm on weekdays. On the weekends, I tend to stay up later and sleep in until 11am.

Do you do any scalp exercises?

I tried them for 6 months and got nothing except for increased wrinkles in my forehead. More power to ya, if they work for you, but nothing regrew hair for me until I found beta-sis.

Do you use any topicals?
    No.I have used Apple Cider Vinegar and beer to wash my hair when I first quit using shampoo, almost 2 years ago.

Any other advice or tips for wanna-be regrowth folks out there?

Taking beta-sis regrew my hair in the temples, but I was still losing hair in the crown. This didn’t stop until I gave up using shampoo. Not using shampoo, or “going grunge” not only stopped the fallout in my crown, but I regrew a bunch of hair.

Ok. Thank you very much Mr Widows Peak for you time. I’m sure this info will be of great use to many. Cheers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are wasting your time, money and hair on bogus treatments that are not going to help you and avoiding the treatments that are most likely to help you. That is why I say that.
    Rogaine is a proven treatment. I believe I have already mentioned that I tried finasteride but had to stop due to side effects or maybe you missed that part?

This thread was not created for the purposes of discussing already available treatment options. Utilize the private messaging systems or a more relevant thread for said discussions.

Seriously not appreciating this thread being hijacked.

Please stay on topic. Thank you.

Thank Stressedtothebald. I will have a look and add it to my save the hair fund bill lol.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Utilize the private messaging systems or a more relevant thread for said discussions.
    The direction this thread went was relevent because it was grounded around how Mr. rupe is coping with his hair loss. Take a chill pill.

Inactive

Thank Stressedtothebald. I will have a look and add it to my save the hair fund bill lol.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The direction this thread went was relevent because it was grounded around how Mr. rupe is coping with his hair loss. Take a chill pill.
    Tracy, your logic astounds me sometimes.

Literally every post on the second page of this thread has to do with you and StressedToTheBald debating the efficacy of beta sitosterol versus finasteride. Protip: We've all seen it before elsewhere in the forums (i.e. no one cares anymore, you don't seem to be coming to any earth-shattering revelations regarding the subject any time soon).

For you to say such a debate is at all related to this thread's intention is a stretch. A massive one, at that. You come off as manipulative, at best. For the sake of others, don't act like you care about the topic at hand when all you've really come here to do is propagate your opinions.

Sorry if this sounded harsh. Take it as you will.