+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    rupe, evolution IS about random mutations! Not all random mutations are positive, it's only the random mutations that give a positive reproductive/survival advantage in a given environment that survive.

MUTATIONS ARE RANDOM!!!
    Whats not positive today might have been positive thousands of years ago..
    Although not fitting the modern days' standards, maybe :
    A.) Cavewomen liked the bald cavemen better..
    B.) Bald cavemen could hide better in the bushes..

thanks for the input

Stressedtothebald, caveman did not live long beyond 30 years old. As the majority of men do not start exhibiting signs of balding until beyond 30, I doubt balding was a factor for cavewomen to even consider. Even if balding was present in cavemen, I very much doubt they had the same superficial values we have today. I'm certain they'd have been more interested in surviving than in how many follicles their partner had........

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    recently, my cousin remastered tons of old family pictures, like basically the ones from the 40s and 50s and 60s. My paternal grandfather, who passed in his 80s recently, still had pretty good coverage thick white hair when he died. His dad had plenty of hair too. I was too young to remember what my maternal grandfather looked like, but i've seen plenty of pictures and he had plenty of white hair too in pictures in which he appeared to be in his 50s or 60s.

My dad and his 2 brothers, are all bad, and they range in the age of late forties to late 50s. I just don't get how their dad had hair, but they are pretty much completely bald, like not even a nw 4 or 5 or anything like that. Could evolution and the mixing of different european backgrounds maybe contributing to baldness? I feel like i know so many people who are 100% of their oringinal family ethnicity have no problems with mpb.

My only cousin on my moms side, is also thinning in the crown area. However, his dad, in his late 50s, has a full head of hair. I don't get how me, my middle brother, and said cousin are balding so young. I guess its just shitty genetics once the nationalities were mixed?

Anyone else on here have similar family history in terms of balding?
    I feel as if people today are balding younger than before.
    ahahahahahahaaaaaaahahaahahahaahaaaahahahahaaaahah ahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Stressedtothebald, caveman did not live long beyond 30 years old. As the majority of men do not start exhibiting signs of balding until beyond 30, I doubt balding was a factor for cavewomen to even consider. Even if balding was present in cavemen, I very much doubt they had the same superficial values we have today. I'm certain they'd have been more interested in surviving than in how many follicles their partner had........
    I was just putting out theories, I don't know their attitude towards baldness, neither do You. You have a proof that cavemen only started balding beyond 30 ? Or proof of what cavewomen found more or less attractive ? What if the bald cavemen were better hiders or survivors ? But even then, it wasn't all just survival, otherwise they wouldn't create paintings on cave walls.. the element of visual existed even then.. Lets not simplify things. And I wouldn't underestimate the visual element.. more recent history example, about 2000 years ago, ashamed of his bald top, one Roman used an olive branch to conceal his bald eagled head.. the name was Ceaser. With all the kingdoms, gold, power, women and soldiers under him - it was the power of hair that he lacked and felt ashamed of.

The fact that more than 50% of men today go bald one way or another is however a proof that the baldness gene became dominant for some reason..

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    You have a proof that cavemen only started balding beyond 30 ? Or proof of what cavewomen found more or less attractive ?
    Sorry StresstedToTheBald, I do have to back up Chris on this one.

Chris did not say that cavemen only started balding beyond their 30's. He said that the majority of the cavemen only started balding beyond their 30's, which is a fair assumption since the majority of people in today's society also only start to bald beyond that age.
    Since people back than had a lower life-expectency and ussually didn' even grow old enough to start balding, it was a lot less frequent.

He didn't say that cavewomen found baldness more or less attractive either. He said they were probably a lot less superficial when it came to looks and that in times of hunger and a fight for survival, beauty was probably not that high on the priority list when seeking a suitable partner. Which are both rather fair points.

Inactive

Yes, but how can know when they started balding ? Or what was physical attraction in that time ? Or if bald men were better hiders or survivors ?
    I mean, if You have some scientific study, proof, research to quote.. thats another thing, but this way both Your views and mine are assumptions only.

is it all about genetics bro for example im the first balding young man in both sides of my family all grandparents had a full head of hair.

however my grandmother who had a SICK Negative norwood 1, had a brother whos norwood 7 at 70 and dont know his norwoodness at 20-30.

But i am balding at 20s so its not evolution thing, probably just accelerated by stress or unluckyness.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Yes, but how can know when they started balding ? Or what was physical attraction in that time ? Or if bald men were better hiders or survivors ?
    I mean, if You have some scientific study, proof, research to quote.. thats another thing, but this way both Your views and mine are assumptions only.
    Ehm.. did you actually read the past 3 posts?

1 He did not say what the physical attraction concerning baldness was. He said there was a lot less attention given to it due to the general quality of life and fight for survival. Which is a fact and has various social studies backing this up.

2 He simply went out from from the assumption that the average cavemen grew bald at the same age as we do. There simply is no reason to believe that the average cavemen would have grown bald earlier than us.
    On the contrary we do know that stress, depression, medical treatments and lack of exercise speeds up the balding process, which are things the cavemen barely had any knowledge of.

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    Recently, my cousin remastered tons of old family pictures, like basically the ones from the 40s and 50s and 60s. My paternal grandfather, who passed in his 80s recently, still had pretty good coverage thick white hair when he died. His dad had plenty of hair too. I was too young to remember what my maternal grandfather looked like, but I've seen plenty of pictures and he had plenty of white hair too in pictures in which he appeared to be in his 50s or 60s.

My dad and his 2 brothers, are all bad, and they range in the age of late forties to late 50s. I just don't get how their dad had hair, but they are pretty much COMPLETELY bald, like not even a NW 4 or 5 or anything like that. Could evolution and the mixing of different european backgrounds maybe contributing to baldness? I feel like I know so many people who are 100% of their oringinal family ethnicity have no problems with MPB.

My only cousin on my moms side, is also thinning in the crown area. However, his dad, in his late 50s, has a FULL head of hair. I don't get how me, my middle brother, and said cousin are balding so young. I guess its just shitty genetics once the nationalities were mixed?

Anyone else on here have similar family history in terms of balding?
    I feel as if people today are balding younger than before.
    You do bring up some good points. I've had older friends of mine comment on how they see more and more men balding today than ever before.
    You also brought up the issue of ethnicity. It is interesting that certain ethnicities are way more prone to baldness than others. There are several substantial Mexican communities around where I live and almost every young Mexican male that I see has the fullest head of hair. Even the older Mexicans seem to retain great heads of hair. Same goes for South Americans, as well as American Indians and Inuit (Eskimos). Asian people really seem to retain their hair as well, despite that their hair seems to be finer and less course. It really seems that baldness is much more prevalent among Caucasians, Africans, African-Americans, and Middle Easterners. I really don't know why this is, but it would interesting to find out.