+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

In my humble opinion, as much as the travel refund might seem as significant value, You should go to the place where You are sure doctor is the best one for You, regardless if travel costs are reimbursed or not. At the of the day, travel reimbursment is just a fraction of the overall cost, and the skills of the surgeon and prospects of brilliant results should be No.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    He would not be an IAHRS member if his results didn't. The IAHRS is a patient advocacy organization. Do you have any idea how difficult it is for a doctor to become an IAHRS member?.. It is not east.
    What a crock of shit. You can't blanket approve everyone just because they're in the IAHRS.

Why stop there, by that measure everyone who has a medical degree must be capable of practicing good medicine / surgery. If only life were that simple. And if it was sites like this wouldn't exist.

Sausage you have your head screwed on. Ask as many questions as you need to and then ask a few more. I've seen good results from Glenn Charles but none of them have been FUE. IMO be extra cautious with FUE, I believe there are only a handful of docs who get consistently good results with it.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Slickers View Post
    Why stop there, by that measure everyone who has a medical degree must be capable of practicing good medicine / surgery.
    Uh, no. A medical degree simply certifies that one has completed medical school with passing grades. Membership in a patient advocacy organization (such as the IAHRS) mean that the quality of one's work has been evaluated. They aren't comparable at all.

I have had experiences dealing with some top clinics where some of their reps were too pushy and then some of the reps for the same clinic weren't pushy at all, guess it all depends on who you deal with. As for Dr. Charles I have never dealt with him or his clinic personally, but I have never seen anything but good results on here and other forums. I have noticed though that he probably spends more time than any other doctor on this forum and some others helping people out and answering questions, I think that says a lot about what type of person he is. Good luck with your research

Anybody else? He's currently on my top 3 list of surgeons to see this December.

Hasson & Wong, Alan Feller, Bijan Feriduni, Dr. Rahal, Dr Cole.

I had a consult with Dr. Charles in early October. Very professional and answered all my questions. I did not feel it was a hard sell at all. I waited a month and called them to schedule my appointment. Highly recommend.

In my 2 years on this forum Dr Glenn Charles has never seem to come off as selling anything, he always seems to genuinely give his honest take on what ever topic he's posting about.

Had h/t with dr charles may2012 and although im waiting exactly a year to publish my results/story on the hair forums im willing to tell you that I can't think how any other surgeon could have done better (in all matters). The only 1 piece of advice I will strongly advise is that if you do go for h/t then go for the maximum reccomended grafts. h/t is the sort of thing you only want to do once.

Quote Originally Posted by dean66683 View Post
    Had h/t with dr charles may2012 and although im waiting exactly a year to publish my results/story on the hair forums im willing to tell you that I can't think how any other surgeon could have done better (in all matters). The only 1 piece of advice I will strongly advise is that if you do go for h/t then go for the maximum reccomended grafts. h/t is the sort of thing you only want to do once.
    tell me about it. I wish I had done all the grafts at the same time.