+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think the best judge is yourself as to whether you need to take action. Other people, whether they be on forums or even in real life, may either be biased or just aren't aware of the incremental changes going on. Trust your instinct.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm going with the 'big three' for now, finasteride (propecia tablets), minoxidil (regaine lotion) and nizoral (shampoo). I've booked to see Dr Fuller in London in May, and I'll see what he has to say about whether I'm suitable for a hair transplant.

I've heard of Dr Farjo in Manchester and while he's accredited I'm not really sure either. I don't think you necessarily need to see an IAHRS recommended surgeon unless you need hair transplant advice. Any info pertaining to maintaining or regrowing hair you should be able to find on the forum or by consulting with spex.

Finally, I wouldn't get too excited about the laser combs. They're an option to consider but personally I haven't been persuaded by what I've read. Any positive testimonies are anecdotal and there doesn't seem to be any clinical data to back up the claims. They're not exactly cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I've booked to see Dr Fuller in London in May, and I'll see what he has to say about whether I'm suitable for a hair transplant.
    Do you mean Dr. Feller? I do not know Dr. Feller personally but I do know that he is an excellent hair restoration surgeon. I think you are on the right path doing what you are doing and I hope the best for you.

I wouldn't get too excited about the laser combs...

...there doesn't seem to be any clinical data to back up the claims.
    Actually, there is clinical data to back it up and that data is readily available to anyone who wants to read it. But yes, they are rather expensive. Though they have a less expensive model now, I paid $550.00 for mine back in 2007. It has been worth every penny to me though. To be fair, women probably have a completely different take on anything that can help in any way than men do. Men typically want all or nothing while women will take any help we can get.

Thanks Tracy C!

Yeah sorry I meant Feller. I feel lucky to have joined the site and saw that he was visiting for consultations in London as early as May. I'm guessing he's not here very often, and if I go to America it will be one trip and for surgery only. Whether or not I actually get a transplant, I feel very confident he's the man I need to see.

It's great the laser comb worked for you!

Powka, sorry to have hijacked your topic somewhat! Keep in touch and let us know what you decide to do.

Tracy, thanks!

Chrisis, not to worry, we're all in the same craphole.

I'm thinking of starting with Propecia (haven't looked into the best way to get it yet, as I'm told there are some scams around in the internet), I'll get a new bottle of Nizoral A-D as Tracy mentioned, and will try and get an appointment with any hair loss spec here in London, instead of traveling to Manchester.

We'll see where the things take off from here.

Powka, spex is one of the most highly respected veterans of the hair loss community and recommends: this source for propecia. Make sure you research it well, it's not a decision to enter lightly as it does alter your hormonal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Powka View Post
    I'm thinking of starting with Propecia (haven't looked into the best way to get it yet, as I'm told there are some scams around in the internet)...
    You first need to get a prescription from your doctor. Then just take the script to your local pharmacy to have it filled. You can save a lot of money by asking your doctor to write the script for generic Finasteride, which is the exact same medication but in a larger dose (5mg). Then you use a pill splitter to cut the 5mg pills into four pieces. Take one piece daily. Here are a couple more links to help you.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...s-on-propecia/

Now that I know you are not in the U.S., I'm not sure if Nizoral A-D is available in the U.K.. If it is, great. If not, I am sure you can get 2% Nizoral from your doctor. You just need to make sure to only use 2% Nizoral once per week in place of your regular shampoo and not more often than that.

Powka, spex is one of the most highly respected veterans of the hair loss community and recommends: this source for propecia. Make sure you research it well, it's not a decision to enter lightly as it does alter your hormonal system.
    Chrisis, just to make sure, have you ordered fin from this source? I'm about to order, but just a bit hesitant

I found this website to be pretty cheap compared to UK ones (also looks legit): http://canadian-discount-meds.com/it...d=177&aid=9636

By the way, how do you split 5mg pill? Is it easy to split or could that turn out ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Powka View Post
    By the way, how do you split 5mg pill? Is it easy to split or could that turn out ugly?
    Hi Powka,

The same way you split any other dose of pill. You use a pill splitter. First you split the pill in half. Then you split the two halves in half. It's easy and doing so can save a lot of money.

I do have a concern if you don't mind my asking. Are you planning to order from a grey market on-line supplier rather than the legitimate way by asking your doctor for a prescription? If so, may I ask why?

Take care,

Tracy

Powka, no I haven't ordered from there yet, but loads of people use it on this forum so I don't see a reason to question it.

You may wish to see a doctor for a prescription as Tracy C suggests, though I don't know why spex would use it if it wasn't legit. If you don't know who spex is, then check here: spex's website

To cut up the 5mg, as Tracy C suggests either buy a pill cutter from somewhere like Boots, or do what I do, just half and quarter them. It's not that hard. I think they actually sell 1mg finasteride from the source I linked anyway! Check it out and get back to me.

I've found some websites that are MUCH cheaper (without prescription) than that website, and I wonder if they are legit. For example, has anyone used this one: http://realhealthcenter.com ?

It looks good, but I'm not sure.