me in depression too - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default me in depression too

hi i am a 22 year old male and i live in india ,i have noticed thinnning of my hair just an year ago i was really stunned at that momemt i really did not know what to do and fortunately i got to know about hair transplants at that point of time and since then i have started learning about hair loss and hair transplants and i have gathered a lot of information and i had a secured feeling that even if i lose my hair now i m going to get it back some day and everything around me was normal and i was confident enough to do any thing just keeping in my mind that there is hope for me in the future and surprisingly i even stopped losing the small amount of hair thats i used to lose before but just two months back i visited a dermatologist and enquired about hair transplants and he gave me negative feed back regarding hair transplansts and said that since my father was bald and i would go bald sooner or later and i was really broken at that instance and life has completely changed for me since then i have started thinking negatively and a i m suffering with sever anxiety and depression and i have lost interest in everything unable to concentrate and un able to eat properly and i have lost a lot of weight and my parents are worrying about me and to be frank i m experiencing hell for that past two months and i have so many responsibilities and i cant afford to screw my career like this.... its getting to be really hard for and i m trying to fight and come out of it but it keeps coming back and destroys me ...

right now my hair line is fine i didn lose much hair till now but i m afraid that i m going to lose in the future.... what should i do to solve this problem and is it true that if some one is bald in my family i will go bald too?? and in the place where i live propecia is not available when i enquired in the pharmacy they said that there is a drug called (FINAST) i am not sure of the name ..and i utterly confused andi donno know what to do ?

can some one tell me how much does a hair transplant cost ?? as per a graft ???and does a HT work for every one??and is it safe to use propecia or minoxidil at a very young age ???

You have come to the right place. You are young and it sounds like your hair is just beginning to thin so you can most likely slow the process using propecia. I have been on it for 11 years and I was just like you, but at an even younger age. I starting to lose my hair at around 18 and it crushed me. I’m happy to say that I am now 29 and I’ve done very well in slowing my hair loss these past 11 years. I’m currently considering hair transplantation, but I still look good.

We all know how difficult it is to be losing your hair, but things are not as bad as you think. Stick around this forum and listen to Spencer Kobren’s radio show. You’ll learn a lot and you see that there is hope.

Chris

hey zao, thanks to the valuble information provided by you and i have a question whether is it safe to take propecia ?? i mean are there any harmful side effects and does long tern usage of propecia cause any serious problems??

Doctor Representative

Hi,
    The medicine that the pharmacy is referring to is called Finasteride. Ask them if this is the one. If so this is Propecia. It is safe to take, but check to see what milligram it is.
    As far as how much a hair transplant costs, it depends on the individual.
    Your best bet is to start propecia and as you get older and notice more hair loss you could have several consultations via e-mail by submitting your pictures. Most doctors here in America will do a free consultation for you over the phone or via e-mail.

Good Luck!
    I am a surgical tech for Dr. Glenn Charles. I have worked with him for 9 years. Please feel free to ask me any questions. www.charleshair.com

Smile

yes i have enquired about the medicine and its finasterside and its available 5mg pills and 1mg.............and thanks to jennifer you made my job easy