+ Reply to Thread

Post Seeking advice on 2nd ht

I had my 1st HT around 7 or 8 years ago ( can't remember how many grafts ) with Dr. Pistone. I'm guessing the results I have look very minimal since I was still young at the time and probably have lost more hair over the years. Now that my hair loss seems to be a little more stable I am considering a 2nd transplant most likely with Dr. Pistone again. My first priority is to have thicker hair, but am also considering lowering the hairline a bit. I have posted pics, and would like some opinions on how many grafts I should get, whether or not to lower hairline, if I would need more than 1 procedure, possible price range I would be looking at, or suggestions for other Drs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209[2].jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	13441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212[1].jpg

Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	13442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0215[1].jpg

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	13443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226_3.jpg

Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	13444  

Well I had a ht with Dr. Pistone about 10 months ago and my results are very poor. Not only did the graft not grow well but the angle of the hair is not accurate; moreover, my hairline seems to be a little too low however, that is my fault because due to the fact that I am 22 I wanted a low hairline, but I wish he would've informed me that it was going to be a problem in the long run when it no longer suits my age. Overall it was a loss of over 5,000 dollars and I am now looking to get it repair. I heard good things about Dr. Feller and I am soon to schedule a consultation since im from philly and he is located in New York also I have in mind Dr. Hasson from Canada but this is just from recomendations I havent had any personal contact with neither. Hope this helps.

I am now also looking into possibly getting a neograft done instead so there is no strip cut. I have heard the best doctor for that type of procedure is in fla i think his name is bauman. for time being i have been using toppik to hide my thinning hair n its a good alternative until i can get something done

Neograft is basically FUE using a system which is more automated than FUE normally is. I'd recommend reading up on the topic as I'm not sure that many would recommend it. From what I've heard, the cost isn't even lower as a result of the labor-saving aspects of the Neograft machine.

As you've already had a strip procedure (my guess - correct me if I'm wrong) then the main benefit of FUE is not really applicable in your case. Don't you already have a strip scar?

For the number of grafts it'll take to restore density where you've lost it and also lower the hairline, you'd probably be looking at 3500 grafts or thereabouts which would not be possible with one FUE procedure. If you're set on avoiding strip and want a high density result then it would probably need to be done in two procedures.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks Mattj I was unsure if neograft was the same as fue. As I mentioned before I had a bad strip ht and I would like a second procedure done to repair it because my hairline was brought a bit low on the sides. Would you recomend fue to extract the hairs on the hairline? or would that leave scaring? I was also looking into hair lazer removal.

It doesn't seem too low to me. I definitely don't think you need to consider removing any grafts. Once density is added and the hairline refined somewhat I think it'll look great and completely natural.

Im sorry Mattj those pics are from rob215. I thought this was an old post of mines sinces the emails are link to my phone. I will post pics on a new post shortly.

Sorry. It sounded like you were the thread-starter replying. I should've noticed your name!

Rob, one mistake many people make is lowering the hairline two much. It ends up creating 2 issues....... using up many grafts to fill in virgin scalp and often doesn't fit the patients look as they get older. You have a very good established hairline for your face. Focus on enhancing the current hairline and adding density to the top. do your homework on finding a quality Strip surgeon (i'm assuming you had strip already). There are a few very well known ones with great reputations to choose from. no particular order.... Shapiro, Feller, Hasson and Wong, Rahal..... others may have their favorites and I hope will chime in. Talk to many and ask a lot of questions. Don't let distance make your decision for you.

good luck....keep us posted

what's the truth about body hair to scalp transplants?