+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FUE Transplant

Default FUE Transplant

Is the possible:

2500 FUE over 2 days then.....

in 6-12 months time another 2500 FUE over 2 days ???

In terms of graft numbers is this ok for FUE?

It ALL very much depends on the individuals physiology and their eligibility for FUE.

Everyone is so very different and not everyone is an eligible candidate foe FUE.

Every individual also has different donor supplies which determine the number of grafts available to them by both strip and FUE.

FUE is not magic - its surgery. You can not just keep going in time after time after time.

FUE is a great surgery in the right hands on the RIGHT patient however its no substitute for strip in my honest opinion especially if your requirements are large. FUE lends itself more appropriately and with much greater success to small sessions.

EVERYONE i speak to initially wants FUE. What you need to understand is FUE is a very difficult procedure to perform and there is a reason the best FUE clinics only perform small sessions of approx 1000 grafts in a session in order to increase the chances of success.

I have met with many guys from different clinics over the last 10 years who went the FUE route as they didnt want to compromise and have a strip scar. On reflection due to FUE being somewhat unpredictable regardless of the experience of the surgeon wish they had understood better that FUE can and the FACT is does produce lower yield and on reflection based on their actual requirements and goal gone strip, or not at all.

No clinic has 100% success rate with FUE - FACT - If they tell you that then they are flat out liars in my opinion as i have seen personally unsuccessful FUE surgeries from a handful of different reputable clinics. Was it their fault.. knowing FUE and how unpredictable is it , no.

Strip is a MUCH better way to utilise YOUR donor area much more efficiently and effectively LONG TERM in my opinion. FUE is only suitable for small sessions up to around 1000 grafts. Strip enables you to use your donor supply safely and enables you to achieve more grafts in one session whilst managing it effectively for further sessions if needed.. Once you have used up the strip donor sufficiently THEN its a better idea to go in via FUE to tap in to further donor supply. FUE is not magic you will soon run out of it as a supply of donor hair.

Think of it like a grid of marbels. Removing marbels at random from all over (FUE) compared to a line through the middle (strip) which then you close up leaving the grid uni from as it was. Much more efficient way to UTILISE your LIMITED donor supply.

This is only MY opinion, take it on board or ignore, its up to you.

Just trying to give you an insight based on my experience. Dont rush in , stabilise your loss and research, research , research.

If your intensions are to get FUE and then shave all your hair down then let me save you a fortunate in money and countless years in time - just shave it all off now.

Best
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    It ALL very much depends on the individuals physiology and their eligibility for FUE.

Everyone is so very different and not everyone is an eligible candidate foe FUE.

Every individual also has different donor supplies which determine the number of grafts available to them by both strip and FUE.

FUE is not magic - its surgery. You can not just keep going in time after time after time.

FUE is a great surgery in the right hands on the RIGHT patient however its no substitute for strip in my honest opinion especially if your requirements are large. FUE lends itself more appropriately and with much greater success to small sessions.

EVERYONE i speak to initially wants FUE. What you need to understand is FUE is a very difficult procedure to perform and there is a reason the best FUE clinics only perform small sessions of approx 1000 grafts in a session in order to increase the chances of success.
    I don't mean to be rude, but I have heard this many many times, I understand the differences between FUE and FUT.

I understand people are different but in general would most people be able to have this amount of grafts via FUE?

I have met with many guys from different clinics over the last 10 years who went the FUE route as they didnt want to compromise and have a strip scar. On reflection due to FUE being somewhat unpredictable regardless of the experience of the surgeon wish they had understood better that FUE can and the FACT is does produce lower yield and on reflection based on their actual requirements and goal gone strip, or not at all.
    I have heard many people on forums curse FUT for the fact they have a massive scar in the back of their heads.

No clinic has 100% success rate with FUE - FACT - If they tell you that then they are flat out liars in my opinion as i have seen personally unsuccessful FUE surgeries from a handful of different reputable clinics. Was it their fault.. knowing FUE and how unpredictable is it , no.
    So that must mean there are many clinics that have 100% rate with FUT?

If you hate FUE so much why do you work for a clinic who offer it? I think your be better suited at Hasson and Wong they hate FUE too and only offer FUT.

If your intensions are to get FUE and then shave all your hair down then let me save you a fortunate in money and countless years in time - just shave it all off now.
    Why? Some people do not want to be a slap-head and like to have their hair short. Why would it be a bad idea for someone that wants short hair to have any type of hair transplant?

Sausage, I like how you twisted it round there...

Just giving you my opinion based on 10 procedures 4 strips and 6 FUE sessions over the years and also being heavily involved with actual HT patients for sometime as after meeting 100's in person and visually seeing and inspecting results in person.

How many HT's have you seen in person might i ask ? Not being funny just interested ?

So that must mean there are many clinics that have 100% rate with FUT?
    Nope i didnt say that - yet don't put too much faith in FUE mega sessions. You will find clinics that will tell you what you want to hear all day long i just hope they also tell you what you need to hear also.

If you hate FUE so much why do you work for a clinic who offer it? I think your be better suited at Hasson and Wong they hate FUE too and only offer FUT.
    CLEARLY you do not know me or have any idea what you are talking about with all due respect. I represent one of the most respected and experienced FUE surgeons in the world and had FUE repair surgery with him 8 years ago when FUE was in its infancy. I advocate FUE - when its appropriate. Possibly get your facts right.

Why? Some people do not want to be a slap-head and like to have their hair short. Why would it be a bad idea for someone that wants short hair to have any type of hair transplant?
    You clearly have not seen FUE/ HT surgery shaved down in person . Its evident that 'something' has been done - its not 100% natural and when shaved to the bone especially a HT can create more issues than you realise. FUE CAUSES scaring whether you want to believe it or not. HT causes scaring minimal in most cases but scaring can be evident. HT hair when shaved to the bone is different than that of native hair. Its darker, thicker etc. The purpose of a HT is to grow the hair to enable it to create the illusion of coverage and density.

However regardless - You seem to have it all sown up in your mind so i wish you the very best of British luck. I hope your FUE sessions work out as you intend them to, i truly do.

A word of advise - do not rush in and inspect and see several patients in person.
    Last edited by Spex; 02-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I have heard many people on forums curse FUT for the fact they have a massive scar in the back of their heads.
    You can't even find my donar scar. My doctor knows where it is and he can barely find it. My hair stylist knows where it is and she can only just barely find it.

A gifted surgeon can make the scar almost non-existent. I chose a very gifted surgeon.

Sausage go in for an extremely small fue session and figure it out for yourself. You can always choose the strip scar if you feel fue does not achieve the desired result in the donor area or the yield you expected while doing very little damage. Or you could choose to pursue a larger fue session if you are happy with what you see. This is what is key in my opinion, take as little risk as possible but assume that risk 100% because it is real.

Everyone wants FUE but most of us are better served by FUT as Spex says. I think if you're going to need a lot of hair it's best to do FUT and FUE after. I suppose you could FUE into the scar to augment the effect of the tricho closure. You could probably go pretty short on the sides and back after that. Maybe even a 2 but a 3 seems realistic. I'd be happy with a 3.

Sausage, I like how you twisted it round there...

Just giving you my opinion based on 10 procedures 4 strips and 6 FUE sessions over the years and also being heavily involved with actual HT patients for sometime as after meeting 100's in person and visually seeing and inspecting results in person.

How many HT's have you seen in person might i ask ? Not being funny just interested ?

Nope i didnt say that - yet don't put too much faith in FUE mega sessions. You will find clinics that will tell you what you want to hear all day long i just hope they also tell you what you need to hear also.

CLEARLY you do not know me or have any idea what you are talking about with all due respect. I represent one of the most respected and experienced FUE surgeons in the world and had FUE repair surgery with him 8 years ago when FUE was in its infancy. I advocate FUE - when its appropriate. Possibly get your facts right.

You clearly have not seen FUE/ HT surgery shaved down in person . Its evident that 'something' has been done - its not 100% natural and when shaved to the bone especially a HT can create more issues than you realise. FUE CAUSES scaring whether you want to believe it or not. HT causes scaring minimal in most cases but scaring can be evident. HT hair when shaved to the bone is different than that of native hair. Its darker, thicker etc. The purpose of a HT is to grow the hair to enable it to create the illusion of coverage and density.

However regardless - You seem to have it all sown up in your mind so i wish you the very best of British luck. I hope your FUE sessions work out as you intend them to, i truly do.

A word of advise - do not rush in and inspect and see several patients in person.
    I did not twist anything. Its the way you wrote your post that made it sound like you were against FUE altogether. You singled out FUE by stating it did not have a 100% success at any clinic making it sound like FUT did.

I take what you say on board as I am very skeptical about both types of surgery. I have seen less than ok results with both surgeries.

I have seen some examples (yes photos) of mass FUE surgeries which look very good but from what your saying it sounds like I may be being conned (I am not implying you said those exact words) but thats the way its come across. From what you are saying the results that I have seen can't be real.

Anyway...I guess if you had FUE 8 years ago, you have had more work done since? as it has been such a long time since then I guess you may have had FUT surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    This is what is key in my opinion, take as little risk as possible but assume that risk 100% because it is real.
    I agree with this completely. That is why I tried to grow back as much hair as I possibly could with non-surgical treatments before committing to surgery. I did grow a lot of hair back. Although I did grow a lot back, it wasn't enough, so I had surgery to fill in the rest. I feel that doing this improved the outcome of my surgery and as a result reduced my risk - because I reduced the amount of surgery I would need to restore a feminine head of hair.

Spex.....why have you today strongly advised against FUE and short hair and I quote these comments.

Yet 2 days ago in a thread called 'FUE and the short haircut' you posted this in response to Topcat's claims that many people who say the short hair cut and FUE don't work together are liars:

Im confused too. Where has this been mentioned that you cant cut your hair short via FUE ?

Here is a good solid example of FUE donor shaved to the bone after 1500 FUE.

(Photos of examples of patients with NO clear evidence of scaring were here)
    These are completely different contradicting posts. This is very concerning from someone who represents a top surgeon.