+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Spironolactone 5 Cream

Anyone tried Spironolactone 5 cream for men? My wife takes spironolactone for her hair loss and it worked incredibly well. Men can't take the pill form unless you want to grow breasts. I found the cream online but nervous to pull the trigger.
    BTW, I'm new to this and have not tried any product at all. My hair loss is at my hair line and thinning fast. The area is about the size of a coaster. I also have terrible itching and red spots on my scalp. I dont have lice or scabies or anything else of that nature before someone asks.
    -help

Quote Originally Posted by Grange88 View Post
    Men can't take the pill form unless you want to grow breasts.
    Ha ha ha... That is not the only problem Spiro can cause for males.

I found the cream online but nervous to pull the trigger.
    I do not understand why a straight male would even consider using Spiro.

BTW, I'm new to this and have not tried any product at all...

...I also have terrible itching and red spots on my scalp.
    To start off, it is best for you to go talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Whatever is going on with your scalp needs to be addressed and resolved. Also, there are medications that can slow down, stop and possibly reverse some of your hair loss.

Try using Nizoral shampoo in place of your regular shampoo once or twice per week. In the U.S., Nizoral A-D is available without a prescription and you can buy it at WalMart, CVS or any store that has a pharmacy.

Rogaine foam is also available without a prescription in the U.S. - as is generic liquid Minoxidil. You can buy both at WalMart, CVS or any store that has a pharmacy. Rogaine currently has a rebate promotion right now. You can download the rebate form from these links:

http://www.rogaine.com/sites/default...OG-CPN-NAT.pdf

http://www.rogaine.com/

Rogaine is a growth stimulant but it does nothing to control the hormone that is damaging your hair folliclea. To control that hormone, which is called DHT, you need Propecia (or generic Finasteride). Propecia (or generic Finasteride) requires a prescription from your doctor. So you need to talk to your doctor to determine if Propecia (or generic Finasteride) is right for you. Here are some links about Rogaine and Propecia:

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...ine-minoxidil/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...-on-minoxidil/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...s-on-propecia/

Depending on how much hair you have lost and how long it has been gone, you may benefit from using the laser comb. Since you and your wife are both dealing with hair loss, you both may benefit from using one. You can find more information about that at this link.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...ax-laser-comb/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...loss-in-women/

Can you tell me where you are on this chart?

You can also learn more about treating male and female hair loss from the American Hair Loss Association.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Ha ha ha... That is not the only problem Spiro can cause for males.

I do not understand why a straight male would even consider using Spiro.
    what do you mean?

Im not even a 2 yet but that is the direction I'm going. I don't understand your homophobic remark. DHT is the most common cause of male pattern baldness. Spiro is a DHT inhibitor which is what Finasteral (sp?) does. Is that product only for gay men too in your opinion? I also read that DHT also causes prostate issues which I began to experience a few months ago at the same time my hair began falling out and thinning. So I have self diagnosed that I have a DHT issue.

Inactive

I also read that DHT also causes prostate issues which I began to experience a few months ago at the same time my hair began falling out and thinning. So I have self diagnosed that I have a DHT issue.
    It does. DHT causes prostate enlargement - BPH and prostate cancer. Its why the same drugs and natural inhibitors that are used to treat prostate - are also used to treat male pattern baldness.. they all work by blocking DHT.
    Unlike finasteride and dutasteride which come with significant risks and side effects, there are studies for natual inhibitors that are highly succesful in treating prostate problems and subsequently hair as well.. these include beta sitosterol, saw palmetto etc.

I don't understand your homophobic remark.
    It wasn't a homophobic remark. Sometimes I see male members of this forum posting that they would rather use Spiro than Finasteride because they are terrified of the small chance of experiencing possible negative sexual side effects of Finasteride. This whole train of thought blows my mind. It is very clear that many males do not understand what Spiro can do to a male. Between Sprio and Finasteride, Spiro is much much more likely to cause negative sexual side effects for a male . Breast enlargement is not the only negative sexual side effect of Spiro. Spiro will feminize your body.

If you read all the fear mongering on-line about Finasteride, keep in mind that your chances of experiencing negative sexual side effects from Finasteride is very small. Your chances of experiencing negative sexual side effects from using Spiro is ginormous.

I also read that DHT also causes prostate issues which I began to experience a few months ago at the same time my hair began falling out and thinning. So I have self diagnosed that I have a DHT issue.
    Self diagnosing is usually not the best thing to do. The best thing to do is talk to a doctor about it. If you actually are having a prostate issue, you need to see a doctor. NW2 is not bad. It's basically just a mature male hair line, which is natural and normal for a male. You may stay at that pattern for many years before the loss progresses further. However since it bothers you now, the best thing you can do for yourself is go see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

You can read more about how to treat male and female pattern hair loss from this link:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Its why the same drugs and natural inhibitors that are used to treat prostate - are also used to treat male pattern baldness.. they all work by blocking DHT.
    The problem is these natural "remedies" do not work. They never have and they likely never will. No one has ever been able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural "remedies". It is not at all likely that anyone ever will be able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural "remedies". Not a single one of those studies you keep talking about can hold up to legitimate medical scrutiny.

Hereditary hair loss is a natural and normal thing. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse this natural process is not natural.

It is homophobic though, because you are judging gay men by saying they want to develop breasts/other female characteristics when this is not the case. I'm sure you did not intend it that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    I'm sure you did not intend it that way though.
    Thank you for realizing that I did not intend it that way. I have friends who are gay males and one of my girl friends used to be male. So no, I am not homophobic at all. I was just trying to make a point.

Grange88 is talking about the S5 cream not the oral spiro. I actually have no idea if it works topically though. I guess it probably isn't much use otherwise we'd all be using it.