+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 20, hair rapidly falling out

Hi, I'm 20 years old ans for the past couple of months or so my hair has been rapidly falling out specifically in the frontal area of my head. Over the past couple of weeks I have really started to notice my hair thining to the point where I can see my scalp. I really want to try to strengthen the hair that I have left, but I really don't know where to start. I've been looking into revivogen's system but there aren't many customer reviews of it it seems which seems kind of fishy.

Also, my hair has always kind of been naturally dry and brittle which probably isn't helping.. are there any shampoo's that can help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may consider seeing a dermatologist. You need a DHT blocker such as finasteride (but that comes with considerably risky side effects) or Revivogen (which I will be trying when it finally arrives in the mail), a growth stimulant such as minoxodil and an anti-androgen such as Nizoral 1% shampoo twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    You may consider seeing a dermatologist. You need a DHT blocker such as finasteride (but that comes with considerably risky side effects) or Revivogen (which I will be trying when it finally arrives in the mail), a growth stimulant such as minoxodil and an anti-androgen such as Nizoral 1% shampoo twice a week.
    +1 informative, accurate

Quote Originally Posted by wut View Post
    I really want to try to strengthen the hair that I have left, but I really don't know where to start. I've been looking into revivogen's system but there aren't many customer reviews of it it seems which seems kind of fishy.
    It seems fishy because it is fishy. Don't waste your money on Revivogen. Your money is much better spent on a consultation with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

http://www.amazon.com/Nizoral-Anti-D...DateDescending

Is the anti dandruff shampoo the correct one? I think I'm going to try using it along with minoxidil. Are there any brands of minoxidil that are recommended? I see that target and costco (kirkland) have them relatively cheap and they seem to have pretty good ratings. Thanks for the help!

Yes that's one of them. The price on Amazon is way too high though. You can get it at WalMart or CVS for about $15.00.

The name brand version of Minoxidil is Rogaine. Rogaine curently has a rebate pomotion going. You can get $20.00 back if you buy the 3-month supply. You can also get $10.00 back if you get a 1-month supply. I would recommend you go to WalMart or any other local store and buy just one bottle for now to make sure you can use it without problems. If you can, then get the three month supply and mail in the rebate form. Here is a link to the rebate form.

http://www.rogaine.com/sites/default...OG-CPN-NAT.pdf

If you can't see the rebate form for any reason, here is the link to Rogaines site.

When you start on Rogaine, use it only once per day for a while. Maybe two or three weeks, then move on to using it twice per day. Rogaine foam is very stealthy but it is more expensive than generic Minoxidil So I use the foam in the morning then generic liquid Minoxidil in the evening to save money. Walmat's Equate brand generic Minoxidil is very good and it is less than $20.00 for a three month supply.

http://www.rogaine.com/

As far as your dry hair goes, try Aveeno's "Nourish + Moisturize" shampoo and conditioner. You should use a good quality moisturizing conditioner almost every day anyways.

Thanks for your help. I purchased minoxidil 5% from target and started using it. It seems to run pretty easily no matter how little i use at a time, but I guess I could just be applying it wrong. Would there be any issues using the Aveeno shampoo on of days from Nizoral (which I already purchased and started using). Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but I'm a guy and really don't know this stuff.

You need to massage it into your scalp as you put it on. Put it in an hour or two before you go to bed. Did you buy just one bottle of generic Minoxidil? If so, that's good. Once you know that you can use the medicine without any problems, get Rogaine foam and take advantage of the rebate offer. With the current rebate offer, Rogaine foam costs only a little bit more than generic liquid Minoxidil.

You can use any shampoo you want on the days you are not using Nizoral. There is no problem there. On the days that you use Nizoral, make sure to leave it in to absorb into your scalp for about five minutes.

Okay, so basically I have not been able to keep up with the minoxidil, but I did go to my dermatologist she gave me a prescription for propecia. She mentioned it as being a safe drug and didn't mention any sides even thought I know there are risks with taking it. Anyway, first I live near many big name pharmacys CVS, Walgreens, etc, I assume Propecia isn't covered under any health insurance, so does anyone know which one would give me the best price? This for a 90 day supply.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wut View Post
    Okay, so basically I have not been able to keep up with the minoxidil, but I did go to my dermatologist she gave me a prescription for propecia. She mentioned it as being a safe drug and didn't mention any sides even thought I know there are risks with taking it. Anyway, first I live near many big name pharmacys CVS, Walgreens, etc, I assume Propecia isn't covered under any health insurance, so does anyone know which one would give me the best price? This for a 90 day supply.
    Call various pharmacies and price check. Prices vary by location and individual owners. What ever it costs, if it helps it's priceless...