Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoaaron
    • Feb 2012

Looking for help in NY area.

Hi all, my name is Aaron i am 26 yrs old and have been losing since 19. I believe I am a 3v not sure. I have been using finasteride (generic Propecia) for the past 3 years. Want to get surgery and not go far. Looking for a Dr. in NY any recommendations? I have visited a lot of sites online and whenever I am impressed by a Dr. they are no where in the NY area. Also most before and after pics are of older men. That has me a bit discouraged. Here is my current situation. I want my hairline back and look like I am 20 again. Are my expectations too high, judging on my current situation? (Note: the dent in the middle of my forehead is where my hair line used to be I dont mind if i went halfway there.)
    • Jan 2012

Code:
    Error (403)
    It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Comment

• Seb89
        • Feb 2012

Ualrite mate, not from america or new york myself but this place was the first too come up with a google search

State-of-the-art NYC hair transplant & hair restoration practice founded by Columbia Univ. surgeon Dr. Robert M Bernstein. We offer the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss for men and women using the most advanced techniques and technologies. Contact us to schedule a Physician Consultation.

In manhattan.

They are abhrs certified so thats a good thing.

I'm sure someone on here will no a lot more about the practice and doctor than me so I would wait for more replies.

All the best.

Comment

• Seb89
          • Feb 2012

Actually, not being funny, but just went through that site's gallery, their results dont impress me at all tbh.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Wow. You are either very difficult to impress - or you do not posses a realistic understanding of the challenges involved in the hair restoration process.

Comment

• Seb89
              • Feb 2012

Not really, the majority of those in the gallery look poor imo compared to a lot of others I have seen but thats just my opinion.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

I see. It's a combination of things. You are difficult to impress, you do not have a realistic understanding of the challenges involved in the hair restoration process - and you have seen photos that you feel show much better results.

Are you aware that some doctors will only show photos of results that are well above average in their advertisements? Dr. Bernstein is not such a doctor. He is showing you average results. He does not need to sugar coat his website with photos of only the best results that are well above average.

If you had been through the mill and have a realistic understanding of the process, you would have a much better appreciation of what you are looking at. Keep learning.

Comment

• DAVE52
                  • Sep 2010

lol...

".........And I think sites such as the Hair Transplant Network are great ....."

Thanks Doctor B
                  That site is garbage

Comment

• chrisdav
                    • Oct 2011

Look at Dr Feller and Dr True&Dorin in New York area.

Comment

Working...