+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    It is not absurd in the least. People work off incentives. Welcome to the human condition.

I'm sure there are plenty of HT surgeons who welcome a new technology to help people. They will adjust and adapt. As I mentioned in another thread, its likely a HT will still be required in some cases even with stem cell treatments unless hair lines are restored as part of that process. In fact, the desire for absolutely superb hairline or other fine tuning work will drive the need for a higher skill set and thus higher cost of those. These guys will continue to succeed.

Just as I'm sure there are plenty of HT surgeons who will refuse to adapt and go out of business. The richer folk who can afford the stem cell treatments, who would otherwise spend buckets on HT's, are now a lost revenue. The HT surgeon will have to drop his prices to attract those who otherwise couldn't afford even a HT, not to mention the stem cell treatments. That may mean a new, different customer base but its hard to say whether it would be a replacement revenue base.
    So explain to me why Bosley bought Aderans and invested 150 million dollars into it. They should be pretty happy with the situation they're in now making money. The difference is they see other companies trying and they don't wanna be caught behind. The reality is treating baldness just isn't easy just like making a blind guy regain sight isn't easy. It takes a lot of time and hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Your profound grasp of the obvious never ceases to amaze me.
    Youre like the dudemon of baldtruth bro : ), it's nice to have someone to give us a reality check .

No Sarcasm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    So explain to me why Bosley bought Aderans and invested 150 million dollars into it. They should be pretty happy with the situation they're in now making money. The difference is they see other companies trying and they don't wanna be caught behind. The reality is treating baldness just isn't easy just like making a blind guy regain sight isn't easy. It takes a lot of time and hard work.
    Well, consider that if Aderans is successfull, that $150M will turn into $1B of equity + revenue stream. So they're covering their butts on lost revenue for one.

Plus, "Hair Restoration Experts" would be a lie if they didn't offer the new technology. They've made themselves a relatively well known name and they want to keep it that way.

Plus I'm sure they have good hearts. Like I said, some will go with the flow others won't.

Look at various technology shifts throughout history. Why do you think Eastman Kodak is out of business now? They refused to go the way of digital even though it was deadly obvious it was the future. They started their digital trip way..way to late.

So explain to me why Bosley bought Aderans and invested 150 million dollars into it.
    Probably a smart move... If Aderans proved to be successful, they could distribute that treatment fast and easy through the thousands of Bosley offices around the country.

It's the other way around Aderans who are a huge company in Japan bought Bosley.