+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Jotronic I think where we might differ here is in our definition of shaving down. When I hear shaved down I think 1 or 2 guard and I have seen enough results to know that it can be done and look very good with no white dotting. Shaving down to the bone regardless of how good or bad it looks would seem pointless if you are having a hair transplant and this is why when the term shaving down is used I automatically believe one is referring to very short and not actually razor shaved. Maybe this should have just been stated in a clearer manner as a listener I misunderstood it as fue does not allow one to cut their hair very short. But I take full responsibility for the mistake and not listening close enough.

I think we could both agree that how this industry is most deceptive is by how they conveniently leave essential information out of the conversation. In your shoes I might have said I have not seen anyone who has had a fue procedure that was shaved to the bone and gave that patient the appearance of someone who looked like they had hair but I have seen some 1 or 2 guards that looked exceptional. Maybe you in fact have not seen a 1-2 guard that looks really good, I don’t know and maybe that is why it was not mentioned or maybe you felt it was not worth mentioning. In hindsight I do not think you did this on purpose but being a repair patient and having watched this industry for such a long time it’s an issue for me when I feel essential information is being left out of the conversation and there are many examples to be found on the forums. When I see or hear something along these lines I am very likely to comment as that is what draws me to the forums and regardless of what some might think it’s not promotion. If that were the case I would not have been posting for what’s going on 14 years now. My repair is relatively recent in the timeline.

I mean come on robots using 1mm punches, doctors doing 10,000 graft fue mega sessions, multiple strip scars, giant fue punches, and hair lines for 12 year old boys. This is only the tip of the iceberg and this is only possible for clinics by withholding critical information from the prospective patient during the decision making process. Dishonesty and withholding information these are my issues and this is where I am coming from, with no axe to grind with anyone. I expect honesty and I hold those that actually make money from this industry to a higher standard regardless if it’s direct compensation, commission, ad revenue or whatever and part of that honesty when you work in this industry is to cover every base when speaking or writing . It is my opinion that those employed in this industry are in a position of greater knowledge and with that comes the responsibility of being as clear as possible. I do it in my own line of work as I am well aware that the customer simply does not have the expertise.

As far as donor scarring and donor depletion I do not view them as the same. Sure unethical overharvesting by way of fue can make the donor area look depleted and moth eaten but it does not necessarily mean that the patient will look scarred up with white dots. That will be determined more so by the skill of the doctor in my opinion. Most of the white dot scarring I have seen has been by doctors trying to learn fue, doctors too lazy and too greedy to use a smaller hand punch or simply just not having ability and it always seems to be the same doctors. Ethical clinics do not deplete the donor area, it’s only the clinics promising 12,000 fue. Same goes for strip regardless of the laxity. When the clinic pulls so many strips that they actually start to lower the crown or raise the neck hairline they have gone too far and it happens often due to greed.

I would also state that I am not bitter about my own past experience and at the moment very pleased with the progress I have made in my own repair. But even without the repair my issues are with what I see as business as usual being continued in this industry. I mean really why should any doctor be suing a patient. That is a complete red flag. If a doctor sues a patient regardless of whom it is then do not go to that doctor, strike them off your list. The onus is on the clinic to educate the patient and completely explain the numbers. If the poor result is due to something the patient did during the healing process then it just needs to be stated by the clinic and it does happen. If the patient is just one of those rare individuals in which a hair transplant failed for whatever reason then that too should have been fully explained to him as a rare possibility but all the clinic needs to do is say the hair transplant failed for unknown reasons and it can happen and not launch lawsuits but I digress…..lol……

The fact is just because someone possesses fue tools does not mean they can perform the procedure with a high degree of skill. The poor results and scarring out there are proof of this. Sure maybe robots and other devices will eventually offer those who do not have the skill the opportunity to pursue fue but at this point nothing compares to a skilled surgeon using a hand punch and that is my opinion. Those that are offering these robotic devices or any new technology should be required to test them on themselves and their family members first. Not some young guy that doesn’t know jack shit about how this industry operates and preys on his naivety.

It should be worded as “our guarantee is that if it does not grow we will give you your money back”. That’s very different in my opinion than a guarantee of growth. Maybe I just do too much reading and see things that others do not. But that type of wording would be considered reframing in Neuro Lingustic Programming and could be used as a marketing technique as is skews the view of reader and tends to viewed in more of a positive light. I am not saying this was your intention but the wording is important for a patient making a decision.

An example for you:
    It’s very pretty outside today, but tomorrow it’s going to rain.
    It’s very pretty outside today, and tomorrow it’s going to rain.
    It’s very pretty outside today, even though tomorrow it’s going to rain.

These sentences describe something similar, but the change of only a word or two makes you think about the weather differently.

The reasoning behind the smaller fue procedure in my opinion is it too definitely know without doubt as a patient that you are dealing with a competent highly skilled doctor and not wasting precious donor. It is also insurance against something lacking in one’s own physiology that might make them a poor candidate for a hair transplant whatever reason that may be and regardless of how small that risk represents. A perfect example would be one recent strip patient that had what can only be described as very poor yield from approximately 8000 fu. He then went on to have a mega session beard and bodyhair transplant with another clinic and had an equally low level of yield. Chances are very high that there might be something going on with this patient’s physiology that makes him a poor candidate. He would have been better served with a small procedure before wasting the donor and the money. It could also be that the yield would have been much higher with a smaller session having less trauma and better healing. This makes complete sense to me but I guess others do not see this.

Sure I will agree with you I don’t know for certain that H&W lacks the skills to perform fue. I’m just opining from statements that have been made in past years and only from memory as I don’t feel the need to look up every comment that has been made on the forums and cut and paste it here. But I can tell you from what I have seen over the years the percentage of doctors that can do it very well meaning high yield and minimal to zero visible scarring is very, very low.

Jotronic I respect you for posting the information on donor reality and I respect you for recommending a patient to a highly skilled fue doctor. I think you understand where I’m coming from and none of what I say regardless of how harsh I sometimes sound should be taken personally. Sometimes I am just trying to make my own point. For instance when I read a prospective patient write that he is looking for a doctor that has experience working mostly on young guys I just shake my head. Here is a person that has access to plenty of information but refuses to see it. He will look like a circus clown in a few years with a low dense hairline with nothing left to put behind it. Of course I’m being intentionally rude but it’s in hopes of making a point and preventing this person from making a mistake.

Personally knowing what I know now I would never have a strip. I would be happy just having fue even if that meant less hair but I can’t go back in time and can only use my experience as a positive motivating force moving forward. It does not mean I am against strip if that is what someone desires, I’m only speaking for myself. Anyone that has ever asked me was always told H&W does excellent work each and every time.

We could keep going back and forth here but I understand your points and hopefully you understand mine. I have some very strong opinions and it’s not just about this industry. It is my own personal belief that too many seem to get their information from sources that are based on ad revenue while the most valuable information can only be found in books and through the experiences of others. My criticism applies to many other industries of which I have done extensive reading along with some of the idiotic comments I often hear about geopolitics or some other subject when it is just someone parroting something they heard in the main stream media which is more often than not factually incorrect. But when you ask these same people to name me the last five books they have read on the subject the answer is always zero.

Hopefully over time the cream can rise to the top in this business and those that have damaged and those that continue to damage others will get what is coming to them.