+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

To me it does not make sense that such a 'big' clinic says such a thing on their website.

How can they say FUE gives poor results when we can clearly see good results in examples on this forum.

Another point is if they think FUE gives shoddy results why are they happy to stick with FUT only, when FUT gives you a hideous looking scar in the back of your head.

They are trying to come across as a 'quality' clinic that only wants the best for their patients. But having a massive scar in the back of your head is not a 'quality' look. Its a naff look, but they don't mention that on their website, I wonder why.

Truth is FUE is a little more hit and miss in terms of graft yield but I think it's getting better with Acell (I know Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Feriduni are making use of it).

Nice example by Spex. Check out this vid guys. Now I think at nw6/nw7 it may not have been the best choice going for FUE and the fact that the choi implanter pen was used might have affected the yield. I'd say it looks about 7,000-8,000 grew rather than 11,770 but in this video this guy has his donor shaved down after 11,770FU by FUE. I actually think the donor looks damn good considering they must have extracted 40-50% of all donor FUs. No significant dotting to my eye anyway. Now I don't think it's the best HT in terms of hair angulation or yield because the implanter pens are a bit rubbish but I think it's a nice example of a shaved donor after almost 12,000 FU. The doc is Dr. Jose Lorenzo btw.

I would love to see pics of Dr. Feriduni's 10,000+ FUE patients. Thoughts on the donor appearance guys?

Topcat, buddy, chill with the cryptic postings. If you have something to say, come out and say it. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were hammering Spencer for not naming names. Pot, meet Kettle.

Folks, what Topcat is referring to, as far as I know, is my participation on Spencer's show last night. We were talking about scalp tattooing and our mutual position that it just isn't a good idea and that while Dr. Rassman seems confident enough to offer it we just don't like the idea of it and think it is iffy at best. My thought was that maybe he's offering tattooing for those that aren't HT candidates due to a lack of donor hair or maybe he knows something we don't. Spencer said in that case maybe these guys could get just enough FUE to create a hairline and a bit on top for coverage and then just shave down to have what appears to be hair but just shaven very short.

I've seen this response a lot but what I haven't seen are a lot of people actually doing this. So, just like that, I asked Spencer if he'd ever seen anyone that had done this; had FUE then shaved to get the appearance of hair or the "less is more" look. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that he actually had never seen this and that he did not know in fact if this was a good idea or not. I think something was mentioned about how shaving isn't always possible but NOTHING was said about how it is never possible. Not from me and not from Spencer so somehow, for some reason, this has been grossly twisted and misrepresented. This wasn't even really part of the discussion.

My position is that FUE is fine for those that want, at all costs, to avoid a strip scar. However, there are those clinics and FUE cheerleaders that will tell you that anyone can shave as low as they want and no one will be able to tell. There will not be any visible evidence of surgery as long as they are in the hands of a good doctor. They will tell you that the survival rates are just as good just as often and that one can get as many grafts with FUE as can be had with strip. This just isn't the case and pointing to two or three cases to justify the position against hundreds of strip cases simply does not compute. More people talk about the benefits of FUE than there are actual results so of course because everyone wants to avoid the big bad strip scar the consensus grows further.

To date, there is not one single clinic that performs both procedures that will tell you that their FUE grafts are consistently as good as their strip grafts. I know from actually speaking to the reps from some of these clinics, or the doctors themselves, that they are up front with their patients about the differences in survival rates, which they should be. One would argue that it is because they are not as skilled as those that dedicate their practice full time to FUE. That is a valid point but then those that dedicate their practice full time to FUE have every reason to say that FUE grafts always grow as well as strip grafts because to say otherwise would jeopardize their business model. Hmm, seems to be a catch here. Whom to believe? That part is easy. No one, just believe the results. The results should speak for themselves. Not debates. Not postings. Not robots. Not vacuum cleaners ( *cough* Neograft *cough*).

So no, this rep from a strip only clinic did not say that FUE does not allow a shave down. It does, usually shorter than strip, BUT not always and just like you won't get a guarantee about a strip scar you sure as Hell won't get a guarantee that you can shave as short as you like with FUE. Not. From. Anyone.

So before you go calling me a scumbag, Topcat, check your facts and listen to the show a bit more closely. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think your heart is most likely in the right place. You and me are a lot alike and we both have motivations to do good but instead of calling me a scumbag maybe you should point your energies toward more worthwhile endeavors such as the new breed of clowns signing up to use Neograft. Or the joker in South Florida that uses a double blade scalpel while telling patients that using bigger grafts of 8 hairs means less transection or some sort of other BS. Really, man. there are a LOT of other things that have REAL potential to screw people up but one guy talking about anything on a call in radio show is NOT one of them.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

My apologies on the scumbag comment Jotronic it was over the top and uncalled for as I was just a bit heated. My own experience where I had my scalp donor shaved down had no signs of fue surgery nor anywhere on my face or body. I have also seen a few cases up close where the hair was cut close to the scalp and once again it was amazing. Does this mean that it can be guaranteed no, but it is possible. I will have to listen to the show a second time. Of course I do take comments personally at times as I don’t make money from this industry and this same industry has caused me and many others a great deal of harm.

I was not trying to be cryptic I just have no reason to personally attack you by mentioning your name I was attacking the message.

Have some balls Topcat! You call Jotronic a scumbag and don’t have the balls to tell him to his face. Now you apologize cause you were caught. Man that is weak! You’re a fool!

Roger you offer zero in the way of anything of value for prospective patients and I have no problem standing in someone face and letting them no exactly what I think. It's also what I hate about the internet so much as it allows those such as yourself to pretend.

Does your mother even know that you are posting or does she only do the research?

Oh, so sorry King Topcat. You’re right, you know it all and the rest of us forum peasants should just bow down to the great KING Topcat. You offer nothing, but your bitterness and hatred to prospective patients. Jotronic is a person who should be respected not you!
    You could only wish you had a wonderful mother like I do. It's says a lot that you would stoop so low to go there. Sad!

The only thing that concerns me when any HT is buzzed down is the hairline, I have seen a few examples on here which I thought would look unnatural shaved down.

The fact is there are plenty of fue results out there and have been for several years with the hair shaved close to the head. The yields have been very high. But just like strip clinics that achieve low yields and massive stretched strip scars or even multiple stretched strip scars there will always be those that do not have the skill.

With the knowledge and experience I have obtained over the years I stand firmly behind the approach of a patient having a small fue procedure as the most risk free approach in deciding if a hair transplant procedure is right for them.

A small FUE procedure is the key phrase here. Anyone that disputes this statement I believe is not doing what’s in the best interest of the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Im confused too. Where has this been mentioned that you cant cut your hair short via FUE ?

Here is a good solid example of FUE donor shaved to the bone after 1500 FUE.

Completely baffling....

Spex in another thread has just written a long post about how you should NOT cut your hair short after having FUE because of scarring etc.

Yet 2 days ago he wrote the quoted post above claiming that FUE does not leave noticeable scarring.

This is very concerning.