+ Reply to Thread

Default Who did Wayne Rooneys HT?

Watched the game last night and I saw Rooney in action, I was thinking to myself who is the doc that did his ht?
    It looks amazing, i mean we do all reasearch and ppl still make bad choices even when picking a surgeon from the recomended list.
    Now we have this celebrity and i doubt that he spent years of research on forums like this , guy just goes to some unknown clinic gets te job done and walks out with amazing hair.
    Im still puzzled, are there great doctors out there that dont advertize and market themselves ,
    Who is the person who advised him to pick that clinc, or was it just matter of opening up yellow pages ?
    obviously he did not read up much on these forums, if he did he wud never ended up in that clinic coz that place was never mentioned
    and the guy was so confident that he went public abt it so he must ve had some assurances or else wuold make an ass of himself if it failed

do celebrities know something we dont??

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

No, I am pretty sure that celebs do not know 50% of what the most informed people on this forum knows, they have other people doing their research, which is not always the best. Worse I believe they think that highest costs/price equal best result, which is not always the case in such non-transparent industry as this.

Actually there is a list of stories about celebs making not the best choices on HTs, as far as I know among others Nick Cage, John Travolta, Kevin Costner, Elton John, Jeremy Piven, Axl Rose etc

According to the media Wayne went to Harley Street Hair Clinic in London:
    http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/

I am not convinced that this is one of the best clinics, but they do seem to specialize in FUE. They are not IAHRS member and that is obviously a bad sign.

The price he paid some 30K GBP is totally crazy money as well, but guess he can afford it. The result though seem to look good, but remember even a think result spiced up with Toppik or other similar products can make most people look like you have a full head of hair.

If you want my advise keep researching on these internet fora including this one, and you can make a much better decision - to go or not to for at HT and whether strip or FUE and what size in how many sessions etc.

Rooney came out and said the cost was closer to 10k.

Newspapers puled the 30k figure from their backside's.

Anyway, after seeing his results i has made me a 100% that I want to get my hair done there probably in a couple of years

I did an email consultation recently and due to my age they said it was better to try drugs first, which I am not willing to do.

But his results are great, as james nesbitts if you know who that is. Rooneys hair was a complete state and if they sorted that out, Im sure they can do mine.
    Last edited by Seb89; 02-06-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    Actually there is a list of stories about celebs making not the best choices on HTs, as far as I know among others Nick Cage, John Travolta, Kevin Costner, Elton John, Jeremy Piven, Axl Rose etc
    Since when did Travolta have a HT . He's bald and wears rugs

Also, harley street is well known, I dont know how you didnt know about it, its mentioned in all articles regarding his hair.

They do other celebs aswell.

Here he is in a post match interview from Sundays game, his hair does seem a bit thin and wispy but it is defo better than his bald head....

http://www.wudar.com/Chelsea-v-Man-U...w-1394585.html

Maybe looks a little thin, but tbh, I think the only people who would notice that sort of thing are us that are actually going through it ourselves.

To non bald people he probably just looks like another guy with hair.

This I think is his 6 month since it was done? Not sure on that but pretty certain.

So with that in mind it does look pretty great seeing as they stated the full results would not be visible till 9 months, so by the euro champs the full result should be visible.

As for his reasearch, im pretty sure whoever he got to do it was paid an absolute fortune to make sure that the place he was getting it done was the best money could buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb89 View Post
    So with that in mind it does look pretty great seeing as they stated the full results would not be visible till 9 months, so by the euro champs the full result should be visible.

As for his reasearch, im pretty sure whoever he got to do it was paid an absolute fortune to make sure that the place he was getting it done was the best money could buy.
    I reckon his hair will not get any better, I would have thought all grafts would have grown seeing as he has plenty of hair there now, why would some grafts not grow until 8-9months later but the rest have.

His hair grew from day 1, He had no shedding (if he did it was very brief), so I can't see anymore growth happening.

His real original hair will continue to fall out so it will start looking worse.

I would not be surprised if the clinic contacted him and offered him big money to have a HT there, I doubt he paid a penny. He has set up that clinic for life, they have over a year long waiting list now.

He did suffer shock loss at the start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ney-spent.html

This is a month or so after it happened.

As for continuing to fall out, he was pretty bald to being with, im not sure how much more could fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb89 View Post
    He did suffer shock loss at the start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ney-spent.html

This is a month or so after it happened.

As for continuing to fall out, he was pretty bald to being with, im not sure how much more could fall out.
    The shock loss was very brief.

He had receded at the temples and thinned out a fair bit at the front but he still had a bit of thin hair at the front which will disappear and his hair will start looking worse.

He still had/has a fair bit of hair on the crown, his hair loss I believe has been fairly fast so that won't help his cause either.

But all in all it looks fine and he can continue to fill it in now and again.