+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Premier League Footballers Balding...

With Rooney having his Hair Transplant and me having a keen interest in football and with so many men playing in the premier league aged around 18-38 I was thinking there are not actually that many balding men that play in the Premier League. Which shows its just us unlucky few that go bald young.

1. Wayne Rooney 26

We all know about Wayne and his HT which looks good.

2. Pepe Reina 29

Been around for years now, been bald all that time too. Looks good bald though.

3. Danny Murphy 34

His receded hair has been at the same stage for years now.

4. Steven Fletcher 24

The Wolves player has thinning hair but is currently wearing it long.

5. Ryan Giggs 38

His hair is not too bad and he is 38 now.

6. Brad Friedel 40

He is old now, not sure when he started balding.

7. Tim Howard 32.

Has it shaved now.

8. Steven Ireland 25

Is known to have got teased by his Ireland team mates for wearing a wig and there was some story about him missing an Ireland game to go to his nans funeral, which he actually lied about as his nan was alive. This was apparently because of the whole bald tease thing. He keeps it totally shaved.

So only 3 in their mid 20's that I can think of. Thats not many. Can you think of any more.

Inactive

Its also a proof that excercise can't stop one from going bald.. There was also that rugby player, Englishman, retired somewhat recently, can't remember the name.. think the team was Wasps, London Wasps I think, bald as an eagle he was at the end of his career. Saw him by pure chance on some TV series..

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Its also a proof that excercise can't stop one from going bald.. There was also that rugby player, Englishman, retired somewhat recently, can't remember the name.. think the team was Wasps, London Wasps I think, bald as an eagle he was at the end of his career. Saw him by pure chance on some TV series..
    Matt Dawson, English Rugby World Cup Winner (Proud Englishman here)

Was the TV series 'A Question Of Sport'? do you get that in your country?

He also does some cooking type programmes.

He is 39 now, retired in 2006.

He is as you say bald as a eagle now and it does not suit him:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/webimage/1.3185313.1319704110!image/1625254466.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/1625254466.jpg"]

He is rich and has a hot mrs though...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...77_468x430.jpg

I hear this. I've often wondered why a lot of athletes go bald. I'm big into the UFC and a ton of those guys suffer from male pattern baldness: Randy Couture, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, Keith Jardine, owner Dana White, referees Josh Rosenthal and Dan Miragliotta, BJ Penn, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I hear this. I've often wondered why a lot of athletes go bald. I'm big into the UFC and a ton of those guys suffer from male pattern baldness: Randy Couture, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, Keith Jardine, owner Dana White, referees Josh Rosenthal and Dan Miragliotta, BJ Penn, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin, etc.
    Drugs Probably, don't steroids cause hairloss?

From what I have seen, very few athletes are balding. I could only name those footballers / (soccer players). Which is a small percentage of the 500 players in the Premier League.

I cannot really think of many other English-based athletes that are balding.

In F1, Maldonado, Barichello, Massa, Kubica are all balding.

England Cricket Team: Andrew Strauss, Jonathan Trott, Matt Prior.

I cannot think of a bald English golfer. But Americans Cink and Furyk come to mind.

Away from sport....It was thought Jude Law had possibly had a HT as he has been wearing hats for months but he recently stopped wearing his hats and he is still bald......unless he's gone through the shedding phase and we see some growth coming through in a few months?

Shit load of athletes go bald. You know who I noticed is going is going bald, but has a diffuse type of balding so it's very hard to tell because he still has coverage - Iker Casillas. I've noticed throughout the years that his hair is thinning at the top and he reminds me of my type of loss. He still has a good amount but I am almost 100% positive he is going bald.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Shit load of athletes go bald. You know who I noticed is going is going bald, but has a diffuse type of balding so it's very hard to tell because he still has coverage - Iker Casillas. I've noticed throughout the years that his hair is thinning at the top and he reminds me of my type of loss. He still has a good amount but I am almost 100% positive he is going bald.
    I don't watch Real Madrid much so would not know, just looking at some photos I cannot detect anything myself although they may not be recent photos.

A very small percentage of sports people in the UK are balding compared to those who aren't

I am not sure if it is worse in other countries.

I do not follow basketball, american football, baseball which are big team sports elsewhere. I don't really follow Rugby in the UK either so could not pick out bald rugby players. One that comes to mind is Peter Stringer the Irish matey.

In Belgium I'd say each team in the belgian first division has about 3 bald or balding players, which seems rather low considering most of them have about 30 players in their squad (1/10?). But then again the percentage of men balding before their 30's is rather low, so could be a good reflection.

The most well-know examples I can come up with atm are Anthony Vanden Borre (ex-Portsmouth) who started balding in his early 20's, Milan Jovanovic (ex-Liverpool) who started in his late 20's and Jelle Van Damme (ex-Wolverhampton and Southhampton) also late 20's.

But there are a shit-load of others.

I started balding at 16, thats ridiculously young, how could god do this to a young boy. Gods a mutha trucker!

Rooneys HT has made me decide when I get the money together I want to go to harley street to get mine done.

His looks really good tbf.

And if they can sort his out, then Im confident they can do mine.

I imagine it will cost a shed load though.