Buying replicel stock thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

Wee! Huge volume and a big price jump today.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
      This is certainly discouraging news, 90 000 shares dumped , looks like insider trading to me.

that's like 200 k right there, somebody chickened out .
      somebody bought them rather cheap at the right moment. and if "somebody" could sell most of them in the past trading week or on friday...then...not bad

Comment

• The Alchemist
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 534623
        somebody bought them rather cheap at the right moment. and if "somebody" could sell most of them in the past trading week or on friday...then...not bad

Yeah, they must have really made out on the 90K shares traded. Haha, you've got to be kidding me...

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
          Yeah, they must have really made out on the 90K shares traded. Haha, you've got to be kidding me...
          who is saying "they"? I said "somebody" ... and not "they".

Comment

• The Alchemist
            • Mar 2011

who is saying "they"? I said "somebody" ... and not "they".
            What's the difference? The amount of money traded was ridiculously small.

Comment

• Oct 2011

What's the difference? The amount of money traded was ridiculously small.
              really?
              if somebody bought on march 3 about 90000 shares for about ~$2.0 per share and could sell them easily last week or on friday (and he could easily!) for about ~2.7 per share - yup, about $60k gain is a ridiculously small gain for "somebody" who actually expected essentially more than just ~2.7 per share. i agree.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                • Mar 2011

really?
                if somebody bought on march 3 about 90000 shares for about ~$2.0 per share and could sell them easily last week or on friday (and he could easily!) for about ~2.7 per share - yup, about $60k gain is a ridiculously small gain for "somebody" who actually expected essentially more than just ~2.7 per share. i agree.
                Yeah, dude! 60K that's biggggg money. It was all an orchestrated fraud, for the massive sum of 60K. You nailed it Sherlock!

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                  • Oct 2011

Yeah, dude! 60K that's biggggg money. It was all an orchestrated fraud, for the massive sum of 60K. You nailed it Sherlock!
                  lol

some people have no grasp of the sheer amount of money traded hands everyday on the open stock market in stocks, not to mention options and other instruments. Thats not even talking about the derivatives market that is totally unregulated...

Also, one man isn't going to be able to offload 90k shares in such a thinly traded stock without seriously moving the market - against him. It would take *days* to do that and he wouldn't get them all out at one price either, he'd get various size lots at various prices.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                    • Apr 2012

Well, I'm worried that I should have sold at 2.60, but now that it's in the mid-1.00's, I might as well ride thise train all the way to the station. No point in selling now, go big or go home and all that jazz.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones
                      Well, I'm worried that I should have sold at 2.60, but now that it's in the mid-1.00's, I might as well ride thise train all the way to the station. No point in selling now, go big or go home and all that jazz.
                      When you invest in very thinly traded stocks you've got to be prepared for a bumpy ride. So few shares are exchanged per day that even a small handful of investors selling can put massive downward pressure on the stock price. It can swing back the other way just as easily.

Not trying to sway you one way or other. But, if you invested in them because you believe in their team and the science, then there is no reason to get out. The fundamentals are the same as they were a week ago. The trial data will be the make or break. Not some loud mouth talk show host who made some ill advised comments in a news letter.

Comment

• gmonasco
                        Inactive
                        • Apr 2010

When you invest in very thinly traded stocks you've got to be prepared for a bumpy ride.
                        Indeed. Ninety minutes ago Replicel stock plunged to around $1.50 per share, and now it's back up to $2.00 (about where it started the day).

Comment

Working...