+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

It makes sence to pony up 500 bucks or so...if the company is successful you might have paid for your treatmeant a couple years after it comes out onto the market. If It fails, losing 500 bucks wont sting nowhere as much as the dissapointment for all our poor heads.

I agree with Sickly and some of the others above. I bought $1k worth at 2.00 a few weeks ago with the idea that if the treatment works I will want to be treated and will need to pay approx (guessing) maybe 6-12K. The stock could hit $10-15 dollars and go a long way to paying for my hair.

Conversely, If the the treatment and investment go up in smoke I'd only lose 1k.

One of the easiest gambles I've made. Closed at $2.40 today.

What's the stock called? Sorry if silly question, not very well versed in these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by oracle View Post
    I agree with Sickly and some of the others above. I bought $1k worth at 2.00 a few weeks ago with the idea that if the treatment works I will want to be treated and will need to pay approx (guessing) maybe 6-12K. The stock could hit $10-15 dollars and go a long way to paying for my hair.

Conversely, If the the treatment and investment go up in smoke I'd only lose 1k.

One of the easiest gambles I've made. Closed at $2.40 today.
    Man I haven't bought the stock yet....I'm still waiting for it to down but at this point it seems it won't go below 2.20 anymore.

Once I buy it I plan to keep it for years, though.

clandestine just google replicel stock or go to replicels page to the investors section.

btw guys which site do you recommend buying the stock from?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Man I haven't bought the stock yet....I'm still waiting for it to down but at this point it seems it won't go below 2.20 anymore.

Once I buy it I plan to keep it for years, though.

clandestine just google replicel stock or go to replicels page to the investors section.

btw guys which site do you recommend buying the stock from?
    2.20 better than 2.40

The symbol is REPCF or REPCF.OB depending on which site you use. I use scottrade. Its legit, simple, and cheap with with $7 commissions. Scottrade also has offices in most cities if you need help.

Is it difficult buying stock? Do I need somebody or can I just sign up on etrade or whatever and just buy stocks? How often would you get paid if stocks go up? Basically I don't know shit about stocks, all I know is replicel is worth taking the risk and I have 1 grand I can throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Is it difficult buying stock? Do I need somebody or can I just sign up on etrade or whatever and just buy stocks? How often would you get paid if stocks go up? Basically I don't know shit about stocks, all I know is replicel is worth taking the risk and I have 1 grand I can throw in.
    It is not difficult. It'll take about 10-15 minutes to sign up to a site like etrade or scottrade. Right now, and probably not in the future either, Replicel doesn't pay dividends, so you won't get any money unless you sell the stock. David Hall has been pretty straight forward in saying that they intend on selling to big pharma if their method works. So your sole profit will be in the form of capital gains on the stock you own. Replicel will get bought out by someone like Merck, and Merck will make something like $15 tender offer on your shares. You should agree to this tender offer and sell your shares to Merck for $15.

In this situation lets say you used scottrade and bought shares today with your $1000. You will pay a $7 commission to the broker to buy the shares, so you have $993 to buy 413 shares @ 2.40/share and will have $1.80 left over. Lets say Replicel works, and the board agrees to a tender offer (because the directors McElwee, Hall, Hoffmann, and some investor dude own a huge amount of the shares) to Merck at $15/share, and you agree to the tender offer, you will sell your 413 shares to Merck for $6195 (I'm not sure if you have to pay a commission when selling on a tender offer or not). So your capital gain on that sale would be $5202. If you sold within one year, you are liable to pay a 20% capital gains tax, or $1040.40, if you sold after holding your shares for more than a year, you are liable for a 15% capital gains tax, or $780.3.

@ ccmethinning

Thanks for the reply, and information! If I were to invest in Replicel now, how soon would other companies seek to buy them? Is this after the treatment is released, or as soon as their data is released proving it works can I make the money?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    @ ccmethinning

Thanks for the reply, and information! If I were to invest in Replicel now, how soon would other companies seek to buy them? Is this after the treatment is released, or as soon as their data is released proving it works can I make the money?

Thanks again.
    If it is effective, I'm not sure at point a buyout comes at. But even if a buyout isn't imminent, and phase 1 results are very positive, you can still sell your shares on the open market.