+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hsc update

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I bought my gun already if there's 0% growth Bro.

Nah man...calm down...let's just enjoy we don't know for now. I have high hopes though since the CEO said "totally expect to beat propecia" n they had 10 years to put that stuff on someone's scalp...come on it's safe treatment I'd take 40 litters of replicels sauce on my scalp any day.
    I'd say that we probably already know that they will do better than 0% growth. Aderans, who is using a very similar cell based approach, have demonstrated growth in humans. Granted, it wasn't the best and they're now trying to tune up their method. But, none the less, it was growth. Replicel, has a very strong scientific team and a decade of prework behind them, that gives me more confidence in them than Aderans, so i'm hoping they can do substantially better.

Plus, Aderans is significantly further along in the process than replicel, so, they will mostly likely be first to market. It would behoove replicel to get better results than Aderans. If they don't, and Aderans makes it to market first, not only will they not be able to take market share from them, but, they will probably have a more difficult time with the FDA. I believe with medications, new drugs have to provide either better efficacy or better safety profiles than existing FDA approved treatments, or else there is a tendency for them to be rejected. My guess is Replicel is very aware of this. That they're proceeding forward, speaks to their optimism.

My hope is that Aderans does well and shows "good" results from their multi armed trial. And then i hope that Replicel absolutely trounces them.

I wouldn't read to much into Replicel's much discussed "confidence." Being a publicly traded company trading @ $2/share on an over the counter exchange, it is the the CEO's job to be cheerleader and chief and maximize shareholder value by creating as much optimism as possible to increase the share price and to convince suckers (like myself) to buy stock. All without being deliberately misleading of course (notice their language is chosen very carefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Nah man...calm down...let's just enjoy we don't know for now. I have high hopes though since the CEO said "totally expect to beat propecia" n they had 10 years to put that stuff on someone's scalp...come on it's safe treatment I'd take 40 litters of replicels sauce on my scalp any day.
    Even if it's something "just" better than Propecia, and topical/injectable, that would be a big breakthrough, let's be honest... Just think how long Propecia has been on the market without a seriously better (and safer!) treatment overtaking it.

I agree with Hair Bear's point about pricing.

Additionally, I sure hope that as many of these next-gen treatments enter the market as possible, as market competition = (eventually) lower prices.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    This is a very interesting point, and one I had not considered previously. I would hope, as I'm sure others would as well, that this would not be the case. In any case, I would think a person's propensity regarding choice of which company to use is largely, if not totally, dependent on their respective release dates.
    Yeah I hope it not be the case also however here in lies the problem, a persons choice may be heavily influenced by the release dates and as such it may not be the best decision as someone has mentioned that any other company seeking FDA approval will have to be better than the currently approved option therefore my concerns can and will become relevant it may even hold back the approval as the new company (solution B) may have to prove that it can be used after solution A which has already been approved much to the same way many companies such as histogen have tested that their methods work with human trialist under the influence of minoxodil and or propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    This.

Let's worry about curing it first. Where did the OP get this info? And next time please let us know if you're getting this from the grapevine and aren't actually with Histogen. I got excited for no reason. Anyways, please post a link to your source good sir.
    they emailed me.

I'm actually quite excited about HSC. I know more people put they're faith into Replicel and it will (if successfull!!) be the better treatment.

But my understanding is that HSC is the closest to being released and it doesn't require a few months waiting for hair cells to multiply. Therefore you could go in, have a few injections and watch your hair regrow over a year or more, Histogens site says by 75%! Granted this hair would be still susceptible to DHT but if it lasts for 5 years, maybe more on propecia/dut, then if the price was reasonable then I would have no complaints going to have an injection every 5 or more years......

just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I'm actually quite excited about HSC. I know more people put they're faith into Replicel and it will (if successfull!!) be the better treatment.

But my understanding is that HSC is the closest to being released and it doesn't require a few months waiting for hair cells to multiply. Therefore you could go in, have a few injections and watch your hair regrow over a year or more, Histogens site says by 75%! Granted this hair would be still susceptible to DHT but if it lasts for 5 years, maybe more on propecia/dut, then if the price was reasonable then I would have no complaints going to have an injection every 5 or more years......

just my thoughts

hopefully it grows in well and you don't look like a freak with hair patches all over your head

I question how sufficiently cosmetic the final result will be

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I wouldn't read to much into Replicel's much discussed "confidence." Being a publicly traded company trading @ $2/share on an over the counter exchange, it is the the CEO's job to be cheerleader and chief and maximize shareholder value by creating as much optimism as possible to increase the share price and to convince suckers (like myself) to buy stock. All without being deliberately misleading of course (notice their language is chosen very carefully).
    They are OTC because they are not incorporated in the USA.

If they choose to officially list in the on the NASDAQ or NYSE they have to do a couple things. Namely they must file regularly reports with the SEC. As an OTC they don't have to.

Second, they must incorporate in the USA or incorporate on their native exchange (the TSX) and create whats called an ADR class of share.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    They are OTC because they are not incorporated in the USA.

If they choose to officially list in the on the NASDAQ or NYSE they have to do a couple things. Namely they must file regularly reports with the SEC. As an OTC they don't have to.

Second, they must incorporate in the USA or incorporate on their native exchange (the TSX) and create whats called an ADR class of share.
    Not Correct. They are traded on the newly formed (2010) OTCQB which is the middle tier of the OTC market that does in fact report to the SEC or a U.S. banking regulator.

http://www.otcmarkets.com/content/do...Bfactsheet.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Not Correct. They are traded on the newly formed (2010) OTCQB which is the middle tier of the OTC market that does in fact report to the SEC or a U.S. banking regulator.

http://www.otcmarkets.com/content/do...Bfactsheet.pdf
    I was not aware of that. Their site says the OTCBB so I took that at face value.