+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hope Replicel is this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Her success with the method was actually why I've always been so enthusiastic about what Replicel and Aderans are doing. Although it's not MPB, it's certainly a proof of concept that cell based therapies can have some efficacy in some types of hairloss. Hopefully MPB too. I think it's going to work wonders for female hairloss.
    Why female hair loss?

I think it will work well for both but imagine what it can do for women with hair loss. A lot of them don't have the same surgical options as us due to instability of the donor area. Also they tend to lose hair diffusely so let's say they drop to 30FU/cm2 due to hair loss and get a boost of 20FU/cm2 all over then that would be amazing. Sure 20 FU/cm2 into a completely bald area for me is a start but's still not enough. I have no idea how effective it's going to be but even something better than minoxidil is going to be huge for women as that's the best treatment they have right now.

I don't know why this treatment can be performed on children with alopecia areata immediately, yet we need to wait years and years for it to be performed on us? If this doctor performed this treatment on children with no side effects (after all, they wouldn't have used this on young children if it wasn't very safe), I don't see why this couldn't be performed immediately on some select few people. I'm sure people who were butchered by archaic hair transplants would jump at the chance to try something like this. I for one would jump at the chance to try this (and I've never been butchered by a bad transplant).