+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tips for applying liquid rogaine to hairline and front of scalp

Hello all. I've recently started using rogaine. I only have hair loss at the hairline, so I only want to apply the rogaine to that area, but this has proven a bit difficult. Some of the the liquid ends up dripping down my forehead or down the sides or down the back. I have read that rubbing it in can reduce efficacy. Does anyone have any tips on how to apply it to this area best?

Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by topbanana View Post
    I have read that rubbing it in can reduce efficacy.
    You are supposed to massage the medicine into your scalp. Rogaine foam would probably be better for you.

Hello all. I've recently started using rogaine. I only have hair loss at the hairline, so I only want to apply the rogaine to that area, but this has proven a bit difficult. Some of the the liquid ends up dripping down my forehead or down the sides or down the back. I have read that rubbing it in can reduce efficacy. Does anyone have any tips on how to apply it to this area best?

Thanks for any input.
    I go through the same thing. I have been applying minox to my hairline for years. It sucks when it runs down your forehead. The foam does not do that and there are minox lotions for the hairline but they are expensive as hell

i also have trouble applying it to my crown because i cant see my crown as its on top of my head :'(

i make myself sound like a king

Take off your crown, then use a mirrors to help you get the medicine onto your crown. Then you can put your crown back on. Easy

So I've been using this once a day since my original post and have only seen increased recession and thinning of the hairline. I am either going to stop treatment or switch to foam.

I have had mild scalp itchiness that has caused me to scratch my head more. I have read some postings on the internet about rogaine actually doing more harm than good, especially in the front, but I do take that with a grain of salt as some people can be a bit nuerotic about their hair loss. What are your thoughts? I've also been on fin for three years now with good results up until the point I began rogaine when I noticed a noticeable increase in recession (this coincided with a stressful point in my life).

I feel that I may just be losing the hair loss battle at this point. Maybe the stress opened the floodgates.

Rogaine will cause an increase in shedding in the beginning also like most hair loss treatment it takes a long time before you can evaluate it's effectiveness I would keep at it. I had some very good regrowth from rogaine at my temple points. As for the irritation give the foam a try. I had the same problem and it went away with the foam. Also now the foam is available in generic so it is a little cheaper

I have read some postings on the internet about rogaine actually doing more harm than good, especially in the front, but I do take that with a grain of salt as some people can be a bit nuerotic about their hair loss. What are your thoughts?
    Many who try Rogaine or generic Minoxidil do not allow reasonable time for it to work. They freak out over the shedding and stop using the medicine abruptly. Stopping abruptly is the worse thing you can do because doing so can make the problem worsen. If you decide to stop using the medicine, do not stop abruptly, taper off of it slowly over time.

Another problem is that many males want to use Rogaine on their hair lines. For females, Rogaine works everywhere on the scalp. For males Rogaine is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior. Some males can regrow some of their lost hair line with this medicine but most cannot. The reason is because most males are genetically programmed to loose their temple hair and develop an adult mature male hair line. Most females do not have this genetic programming.

It looks like you have been using this medicine for about four months. If you had been using it on your vertex or mid-anterior, you would know by now if it is working for you. Since you are using this medicine off-label, it will likely take much longer before you will know if it is going to work on your hair line. If after a full year you are not seeing any improvement at all, it is obvious that you are not going to be able to regrow hair in your hair line.

What about using minox on newly transplanted hair in front and sides? Is this helpful? Does minox generally help the hair on the head grow in thicker? Thanks.