+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 years old and...

Hey,

I'm 19 years old (turning 20 in April) and just had a few questions and concerns. I have always had a very high hairline, especially high at the temples. I haven't started losing any hair in the shower or when I'm sleeping other than the average hair here or there. I'm not too sure if the hair line has receeded a bit in the past few years as I am kind of self conscious and try to hide it. My question is whether it would be a good idea to start using Nizoral and maybe even Minoxidil early on. MPB runs in the family on my dads side and I have similar hair to him I think. My moms father is just starting to lose his hair now at 70. I hope to be prepared for when I do start shedding before it happens. Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Also, my dad and his father are pretty big smokers, so would that have made them lose their hair earlier?

Thanks,

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by burns View Post
    Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
    Hi Aaron,

It wouldn't hurt to use Nizoral A-D shampoo once or twice per week in place of your regular shampoo.

You need to know that most males do not get to keep their temple hair. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females. Temple recession in males in and of itself is not an indication that a male is going bald.

Since you are aware that hereditary hair loss runs in your family, it would be a good idea to keep a casual eye on it. Maybe take pictures of yourself every three to six months so you are more likely to catch a problem early if it does start. If you see that it is starting, talk to your doctor so you can get on a regimen to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi Aaron,

It wouldn't hurt to use Nizoral A-D shampoo once or twice per week in place of your regular shampoo.

You need to know that most males do not get to keep their temple hair. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females. Temple recession in males in and of itself is not an indication that a male is going bald.

Since you are aware that hereditary hair loss runs in your family, it would be a good idea to keep a casual eye on it. Maybe take pictures of yourself every three to six months so you are more likely to catch a problem early if it does start. If you see that it is starting, talk to your doctor so you can get on a regimen to stop it.
    Yea I've actually had a very similar hairline since I was about 13, which I find kind of weird. So basically I had a mature hairline at a very young age? As I said I haven't really noticed a change in the hairline, but have covered it up since I was around 15.

Quote Originally Posted by burns View Post
    So basically I had a mature hairline at a very young age?
    It happens that way sometimes.