+ Reply to Thread

Default any info on Dr Alba Reyes Dominican Republic?

greetings,
    I am writing because I am in dire need of any professional opinion and/or personal stories regarding this Dr. I am considering a transplant with Alba Reyes Sagiv MD from the Dominican Republic. I have had 2 conservative surgeries in the past with Bernard Nusbaum. I want to have my temple points and hairline lowered and restored,thus.. I want an honest opinion of Dr Reyes. She is reportedly performing mega sessions similar to Hasson and partner Jerry Wong in Canada. I am getting mixed reviews from my research on the internet with people posting horror stories with bad scarring and shock loss due to surrounding damage to follicles with mega session. I am starting to feel uneasy about a procedure with Dr Reyes. The ISHRS states that she has credentials . so I would greatly appreciate any opinions.
    Thank you

Miami, Florida

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Hi there,
    Do not know the doc's name, if in fact a part of IAHRS - should be first stamp of approval, however based on your own research and gut feeling, would keep looking as does not seem to be priority choice.

Do not rush into things or make decision based on convenience or price mainly. You have to take all factors into account.

Are you looking for another strip surgery or FUE - how much will you need to get to your goal? What is your donor situation? You need to be 100% of top on these points to be able to find the right doctor as well.

If you are looking around the US and this region , believe you have a number of options, so why not look at some of the Doc's who are consistently showing good results like H&W (you mention them yourself), Shapiro, Feller, Rahal etc - no specific order here.

Keep looking till everything you hear, see and feel - is just right, then look at prices, travel etc.

Good luck and keep researching.

It is very important to point out that the ISHRS and the IAHRS are not the same organization.