+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spectral DNC-L

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Thanks Khan. Glad someone else is using it. I already have 2 bottles of DNC-L but after they are gone I will probably just do the regular DNC. Your right, it does stink. The old formula smelled good too.
    When the pumps stops working half way through with DNC-L, add a few drops of water and shake. That should stir of the cream in the bottle and the pump will be able to push it out again. Thats what I did for the few months I was on DNC-L.
    Or you can manually get it out using a small spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    When the pumps stops working half way through with DNC-L, add a few drops of water and shake. That should stir of the cream in the bottle and the pump will be able to push it out again. Thats what I did for the few months I was on DNC-L.
    Or you can manually get it out using a small spoon.
    Thanks Khan. This new formula has'nt clogged the pump yet. I can remember the old formula did clog the pump after like 4 days of use. I used to get so pissed cause then you have to figure out a way to apply it.

PS: Hows the regular DNC? I mean did they change that formula as well. Someone told me it's now clear?? It used to be a dark rust color solution. People complained about the color of their scalp and the stuff getting on their clothes I guess so they changed the formula. Of course the one that works

PS: Hows the regular DNC? I mean did they change that formula as well. Someone told me it's now clear?? It used to be a dark rust color solution. People complained about the color of their scalp and the stuff getting on their clothes I guess so they changed the formula. Of course the one that works
    Yea they have changed DNC forumula several times. When I first started in Feb 2009 it was sticky yellow and didn't dry up, and smelled like DNC-L. Recently its been transparent non-sticky and evaporates fast.

In terms of ease of use, the current one seems the best, its transparent and smells good, and doesn't leave your scalp yellow, I have enough hair to hide 90% of my scalp (for now ) so the yellow scalp was not that much of a concern.

There has been a lot of talk about the change of formula screwing up results, its probably true cause so many people claim this to be true. But personally it hasn't made a difference to me. Over the years DNC has definitely given me thicking and some moderate growth. I think I got added results when after about a year I started applying it on slightly damp hair (i.e towel dry).

I think it was in my 8th month that my flatmate was like "dude I think you've grown more hair", I was so happy! But sadly without Fin I couldn't hold ground for long. So hopefully things will change now that I am on Fin aswell.
    I can tell you one thing for sure, even thought it has thickened my hair and given me reasonable growth, it has "NOT" stopped my hair loss. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Fin will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Yea they have changed DNC forumula several times. When I first started in Feb 2009 it was sticky yellow and didn't dry up, and smelled like DNC-L. Recently its been transparent non-sticky and evaporates fast.

In terms of ease of use, the current one seems the best, its transparent and smells good, and doesn't leave your scalp yellow, I have enough hair to hide 90% of my scalp (for now ) so the yellow scalp was not that much of a concern.

There has been a lot of talk about the change of formula screwing up results, its probably true cause so many people claim this to be true. But personally it hasn't made a difference to me. Over the years DNC has definitely given me thicking and some moderate growth. I think I got added results when after about a year I started applying it on slightly damp hair (i.e towel dry).

I think it was in my 8th month that my flatmate was like "dude I think you've grown more hair", I was so happy! But sadly without Fin I couldn't hold ground for long. So hopefully things will change now that I am on Fin aswell.
    I can tell you one thing for sure, even thought it has thickened my hair and given me reasonable growth, it has "NOT" stopped my hair loss. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Fin will do that.
    Yeah I agree Khan. No topical treatment has ever stopped my hairloss completely. DNC has slowed it and now i just added fin about 3 weeks ago. I just hope DNC is worth the price! The Shit is bloody expensive. Not sure what I think about them (DS labs) always changing the formula though. People think it's because they have come up with a better formula but i'm sure it's because it's a cheaper formula to manufacture??

So i've been on the DNC for about 2 weeks now. Before this I was using that Dualgen shit. I can already feel my hair responding better to the DNC. That Dualgen had to be fake (no minox). I dont think DS labs would risk their reputation with a fake product but you never know. The only issue is the price at this point. Just wanted to update. Take care
    You "feel". After mere 2 weeks. LOL

You are one of those hysterical, hypochondriac individuals with rich imagination that accumulate on internet forums.

A tip i found is to put some hot water into a cup and then put the spectral dnc L into it so it just near the top and leave for 5-10 mins before application and then shake bottle well it should help a bit and also as said if it clogs up the unscrew and pump in warm water to unclog works for me.
    I also find that four pumps is not enough i use about 6 if you keep the bottle somewhere warm like where heating boiler or near some hot pipes stops it from going solid.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    A tip i found is to put some hot water into a cup and then put the spectral dnc L into it so it just near the top and leave for 5-10 mins before application and then shake bottle well it should help a bit and also as said if it clogs up the unscrew and pump in warm water to unclog works for me.
    I also find that four pumps is not enough i use about 6 if you keep the bottle somewhere warm like where heating boiler or near some hot pipes stops it from going solid.

ahahaha...

You are one of those hysterical, hypochondriac individuals with rich imagination that accumulate on internet forums. !!!

I was talking about spectral dnc L in my last post habs i think you have got your wires crossed.