+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lasercomb & Mc2

Default Lasercomb & Mc2

Hi,

For the last 2 week, I have started to use Hairmax Lasercomb 12 and together with Shampoo/Conditioner/Spray from MC2 (Mc2 Range - hair-loss-treatment).

I have used LaserComb already 5 times and the MC2 again once in 3 days. My hair started to shed a lot and I am scared. I want to stop using them. Now did I trigger something by using LaserComb for 5 times? Will I continue loosing my hair or will it stop? When the shedding will stop when I discontinue using these products? Will the shedded hair come back healthy?

Thank you.

Hi rodio,

I've never heard of MC2 but it is probably just another over priced bottle of empty promises (there are many). The only things proven to treat hereditary hair loss are Finasteride, Minoxidil and low level laser therapy. Nizoral can help as an adjunct treatment and women can use other medications, usually Spiro, but it depends on her specific condition that is causing the hair loss.

You need to understand that shedding is a normal part of treating hereditary hair loss. Shedding needs to happen. There is no way around it. It is part of the process. The shedding stops eventually and the hair that shed out will grow back a little thicker than it was before - if you continue treatment. I know it's hard to ride it out - but you have to find the strength to ride out the shed.

Thank you for the courage but I want to hear from people who have stopped the treatment at an early stage? What happened even the shedding has been started? How long will the shedding continue even I discontinue using the products?

Thank you.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Not sure what MC2 is but I generally have patients only start on type of treatment at a time. If after a month or two there is not problem then we may decide to add another treatment. That way if there appears to be a negative effect we will have a better idea what may have caused it.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Not sure what MC2 is but I generally have patients only start on type of treatment at a time. If after a month or two there is not problem then we may decide to add another treatment. That way if there appears to be a negative effect we will have a better idea what may have caused it.
    Great Advise, DR. Charles!!!!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Just letting the people here on the forum what I tell patients in my office.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thank you for the replies but I still don't have answer to my questions.

1- If I stop the treatment after 5 times usage and if the shedding has already started, will the shedding continue or stop at a moment?
    2- Will I receive my shed hair and if yes, in which condition?

I don't think I am the only one who has stopped it at this stage.
    Thank you.

Dr. Charles, didn't you say in another post that you know people who have benefitted from using the igrow laser and the laser comb?

Hi Rodio,

Just came across your post and I've been in the exact same position. Here's a quick summary. I had a HT in April 2011. 1,250 grafts to my hairline via FUE. 3 weeks after surgery, i started shedding CRAZY amounts of hair. My HT surgeon did the 'pluck test' and pulled out something like 15 - 20 hairs (around 3-4 is normal). This intense shedding continued for 6 months and i lost A LOT of hair. I was not using ANY treatments at the time.

After 6 months, my hair loss just stopped dead in its track. I decided to start using the laser comb, to help my hair grow back stronger. So, when i stopped shedding is when i started the laser comb. 3.5 weeks after starting the laser comb (after using it about 8-9 times), the shedding started again. And it was bad. Very aggressive. I went to a dermatologist and found out that 60% of the hairs on the top of my head were in shedding phase, which is a hell of a lot. I stopped the laser comb immediately, but unfortunately the shedding continued aggressively for another 3 months. Around December 2011, the shedding stopped. I've not been shedding for 7-8 weeks now. I've been on propecia for 2 months also, which is probably a bad idea, as every time i seem to stop shedding....i start a new treatment which causes another shed. Luckily, I've not had an initial shed from propecia.

Anyway, not trying to scare you but this is what happened to me. I kinda wish i had kept on using the laser comb, because i shed like crazy for 3 months anyway. Same thing happened to me with minoxidil. Propecia is the only medication I've taken that hasn't given me an initial shed.

Good luck.

Hi Folly,
    I don't think the situation is comparable, I didn't have any HT surgery. You have been to several treatments for a longer of time.

I have only used Mc2 and lasercomb for 2 weeks (5 times maximum in total)

I would like to hear from others who didn't have any surgery and more in my situation.

Thank you.