+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nisim

Hybrid View

Default Nisim

Hello All,

I am 29 years old and have hair loss problem due to PCOS.I always had body hair...more than usual for women and started losing hair since 23.I tried minoxidil 2% and 5%. I probably did not use it correctly but i started looking like a bear with all that extra hair growth on my face and body...without much on my head.

Years later now i am trying nisim...i know it could be a scam ...i am not sure if i see any results but I have been using the shampoo daily since last 8 months.and planning to use their extract which apparently induces hair growth.

All i want to know is...is Nisim a scam? I also started using Hair essentials vitamins....which probably is also a scam....do let me know if it is.

ALl the best to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by obiee View Post
    All i want to know is...is Nisim a scam? I also started using Hair essentials vitamins....which probably is also a scam....do let me know if it is.
    Hi Obiee,

Neither Nisim nor hair essetials vitamins will do anything to treat your hair loss. The only products proven to treat hair loss for women are Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) and low level laser therapy. I use both. I use men's Rogaine foam once a day and I use my laser comb every other day. I also use Nizoral A-D shampoo twice per week.

It is very important to find a doctor who can help you. The same hormone that causes body hair (hirsutism) causes scalp hair loss. If you can get on a treatment for hirsutism, that could resolve your hair loss as well. You can find much more information at the link on the right. Just in case you can't see it, here it is.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/

Take care,

Tracy

Default Hi

Thanks Tracy.

I am on Spiro and Metformin.I used to be on Daine 35 but gained lotta weight.

I went to endocrinologist and Ob-Gyn too....i do have some hormonal imbalancy although not severe. I endocrinologist put me on Spiro and metformin....

Minoxidil is out of question for me.....for the reasons stated before ....and also I already have hirsutism.

SO you suggest i stop using Nisim shanmpoo everyday? Also how do i use Nizoral for hairloss....as a DHT blocker?

Quote Originally Posted by obiee View Post
    SO you suggest i stop using Nisim shanmpoo everyday? Also how do i use Nizoral for hairloss....as a DHT blocker?
    Hi Obiee,

I am also on Spiro. I don't have PCOS though. I just have common hereditary androgenetic alopecia. I am pretty sure that in my case Spiro is preventing facial and body hair from using Minoxidil. But again, I don't have PCOS. I don't know how long you have been on Sprio but over time it should resolve the hirsutism. It isn't quick though.

If you like Nisim shampoo, there is no reason to stop using it. It just doesn't do anything to treat hair loss. The only shampoo on the market that has any medication in it that may be helpful to treat hair loss is Nizoral. The active ingredient in Nizoral (Ketoconazole) is a mild anti-androgen that can block the hormone that causes hair loss (DHT) at the scalp. It is not a stand-alone treatment for hair loss, no shampoo is, but it can help.

It is very important that you know not to over use Nizoral. Nizoral is a great medicated shampoo that helps a lot of people but over using it can dry out your hair and scalp and it can make hair loss worsen. If you get the non-prescription strength (Nizoral A-D), you can use that up to twice per week but no more. If you get the prescription strength, only use that once per week and no more than that. You also need to make sure to use a good quality moisturizing conditioner.

It is too bad that you can't use Minoxidil. It really does work. Maybe you will be able to use it after you have been on Spiro for a while. Maybe you could use the laser comb. Both take a long time to see any benefit but at least the laser comb doesn't have any known side effects.

Take care,

Tracy

Default Nizoral

Thanks Tracy,

So can i oil my scalp and hair and then use Nizoral 2 times a week? should that be enough to minimize DHT.

Internally i guess spironolactone should help blocking DHT??

Hi obiee,

Are you talking about a hot oil treatment? I don't think that would be a problem. Using Nizoral once or twice a week could help. Spiro does not block DHT formation but it does block androgen receptors from accepting androgens, including DHT. I know it takes time though. I'm not sure if the time is longer for a woman with PCOS though.