+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nisim

Hello Tracy,

Hope you have been doing good.
    I did not get any PM from you. I will find out from bosley about the refund....
    Also, I was told to use Minoxidil 5% just once a day....they spoke highly of Nizoral too.

I did tell him about my hirsutism problem with minoxidil...he just wanted me to check for couple of weeks and since i am on Spiro that should take care of me on that.....

So I am gonna try minoxidil with Nizoral and Laser comb.....

I have a question can I wash my hair everyday?

I want to tell you that I really appreciate your quick responses.You have been very helpful.
    Thanks a Lot.

Hi obiee,

I have not had a problem with facial hair, but I am also on Spiro. I do believe Spiro probably does reduce the possibility of growing facial hair from Minoxidil quite a bit.

I am aware that women can get away with using 5% Rogaine foam only once a day. This makes it very convenient. Both Walmart and Target sell a generic Minoxidil foam now, so that helps keep the cost of treatment down a little bit. When using Nizoral, make sure not to over use it. Which version of Nizoral are you using? The 1% "A-D" version or the 2%? I use the 1% Nizoral A-D twice a week in place of my regular shampoo.

Since I work our almost every day and I also using Dermmatch concealer, I do wash my hair almost every day. I followed the advice of Dr. Charles from this forum and switched to sufate free shampoo and conditioner. I found that my favorite brand, Aveeno, makes a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and I have been using those ever since switching to sulfate free.

Take care,

Tracy

Hello Tracy,

I still haven't decided on 1% or 2% Nizoral....will 2% be too strong?...non prescribed one.I'd like to wash my hair every day unless i get lazy.....using minoxidil everyday...i think it would be better to wash atleast on alternate days....will use Nizoral only 2 times a week...how many days do you space between your first wash in a week with nizoral

what aveeno shampoo are you using? is it a good alternating shampoo too?

also, i'll start using biotin

Thanks

Hi obiee,

The 2% version of Nizoral is by prescription only here in the U.S.. If you are going to use 2%, only use that once a week. If you decide to use the 1%, you can use that twice a week if you want. Nizoral is a great medicated shampoo that helps a lot of people - but over using Nizoral you can dry out your hair and scalp and possibly make your hair loss worse. I use the 1% Nizoral A-D on Wednesday and Saturday nights.

The sulfate free Aveeno shampoo and conditioner I use if called "Pure Renewal". Aveeno's states that it is safe to use every day. On the nights that I wash with Nizoral, I use a different conditioner from Aveeno called "Nourish+ Moisturize" to prevent the possibility of drying my hair out. I also use Aveeno "Nourish+ Condition" leave-in treatment to help de-tangle and protect my hair from my styling tools. Here are pictures of the bottles.

Your welcome

Thanks Tracy...

so hairmax and bosley's laser comb work the same right?
    or is one better than the other?

Regadrs

Quote Originally Posted by obiee View Post
    ..so hairmax and bosley's laser comb work the same right?
    Hi obiee,

It looks like it is the exact same thing. The only difference is the logo.

Did you ask Bosley if you get the same 20 week guarantee that you get if you buy the laser comb directly from Hairmax?

Take care,

Tracy