+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi I'm new here. Just made a topic asking for suggestions on my hair. I'm 17 and my hair is thinning like crazy!

Welcome. You will get much support here. Just ask what's on your mind.

Inactive

Hello, I guess my hair went out very early in life too.. You have an advantage, noticing the thinning early enough is important so You can take early steps to fight it.

Non-medication related advice.. Change diet, use supplements, fight stress. You can go drugs(Minox, Propecia) if Your doctor tells You & explains side effects(beware that there could be serious side effects involved) and as many will advise You here. But my humble advice would be - fight it the natural way, change diet, use supplements, its what I'm trying to do.

Whatever Your choice is, it all takes time, so patience is crucial. Reversing hair loss sadly doesn't happen over night. It takes months and more likely years.

What kind of supplements are there for me to try? Here is my initial topic.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?p=49211

If you want to stop and maybe reverse your hair loss, you need a proven DHT blocker like finasteride or dutasteride (those are the oly internal drugs show nto work for hair loss).
    Ketoconazole and minoxidil can be useful supporting treatments for those.
    Everything else is unproven. You can try natural remedies but they don't seem to work, so if you refuse medication you'll have to accept going bald as a teenager.

P.S.- Check with a doctor to make sure it's male-pattern balding and not something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy View Post
    Hello again BigBoy,

There is no legitimate evidence that any supplements will do anything meaningful in any way to treat hereditary hair loss. Aside from talking to your doctor, the best information you can ask for to learn what to do about hereditary hair loss is on the link on the right. Just in case you can't see it, here it is:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    If you want to stop and maybe reverse your hair loss, you need a proven DHT blocker like finasteride or dutasteride (those are the oly internal drugs show nto work for hair loss).
    Ketoconazole and minoxidil can be useful supporting treatments for those.
    Everything else is unproven. You can try natural remedies but they don't seem to work, so if you refuse medication you'll have to accept going bald as a teenager.

P.S.- Check with a doctor to make sure it's male-pattern balding and not something else.
    That's the bottom line and if any one tells you otherwise then they're either lying to you or they're mislead themselves or don't know s**t. NO SUPPLEMENTS (vitamins....) under the sun can stop a hereditary hairloss. NONE. Get that ?? Save your money and don't be fooled. Like the guy said, if you're not willing to take Finasteride or at least Minoxidil then you need to accept going bald unless you have money and can get hair transplants but also know HTs are nowhere close to perfect.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy View Post
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?p=49211
    As I said many will tell You: A.) Take Propecia & Minoxidil or B) Accept your baldness cause nothing else but Propecia or Minoxidil works. I myself don't believe in either of suggested. Personally, I don't want to accept my baldness nor I want to risk and end up with impotence caused by propecia. Therefore I go with C.) Trying out natural 5-alpha reductase and DHT inhibitors + healthy diet, proper vitamins and minerals.

I'm no doctor. I can only tell You what I myself am currently on..
    I suggest You to use beta sitosterol - as high dosages as You can tolerate/afford, some foods too contain beta sitosterols - like avocados, almonds etc.. Also add up ganoderma lucidum (roots tea or powder..) - I plan to include it in my regimen soon, saw palmetto, fo-ti and similar stuff. Eat healthy food, drink plenty of water, try not to stress too much. Give up on inflamatory foods - processed fats, sugars, junk food - it will only spike your insulin levels, wreck the balance of hormones and boost DHT - DHT is in hairs and prostate. When saturated with DHT - hairs stand no chance ! The less DHT the better Your hair will get - its what Propecia does also - but I am trying to achieve the same effects with different, natural and hopefuly way more safe compounds !

Regardless if You decide to go with generic drugs or natural inhibitors and supplements - You will need to arm Yourself with tons of patience ! Even for propecia/minoxidil - before and after photos are usually 1+ or 2+ years! Same goes for natural stuff. You will find that beta sitosterol should be used 6-12+ months for the results to become visible. I often got bored in the past, when no results are visible in few weeks or barely few months, I got bored and quit before time.. don't quit before time, whatever Your choice is.. unless there are side effects, You should stick to Your choice for at least 6+ months, if not more, for visible results to show. What propecia & minox promoters forgot to say - once started these drugs have to be used for life to preserve the results and side effects may be dangerous. You will also hear that 98% have no side effects, which may or may not be true, but there are examples even here on the forum of people quiting these drugs due to side effects or lack of results ! So they're no magic cure either.

My current regimen looks like this. Its an example only and work in progress. You should make Your own, do research, find studies, and focus on most important ingredients.
    - 480mg beta sitosterol
    - 2 x MSM 10% cream, topical
    - 6 x 1000mg MSM tablets
    - 1 x B100mg complex, all B vitamins, high concentration
    - 3 x C500mg with bioflavonids, biotin etc. Time Release tabs
    - 2 x Full Spectrum Minerals, high concentration
    - 3000mg+ arginine, 500mg+ taurine and other potent amino acids, all via protein shakes
    - 3 x Apple Cider Vinegar, orally dissolved in water & randomly topical
    - Nettle, Green and Black Tea, orally & randomly green topical
    - garlic juice before shower, randomly, topical
    - shampoos:
    No. 1 with sage, rosemary, beer, zinc etc.
    No. 2 with caffeine, arginine, barley etc.
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Therefore I go with C.) Trying out natural 5-alpha reductase and DHT inhibitors + healthy diet, proper vitamins and minerals.
    Good luck with that...

Good luck, and no sarcasm from me. It is a difficult battle but we all have our own preferences and that is to be respected.