+ Reply to Thread

Default Scared to wash and style hair

Due to shedding! I am terrified to wash my hair as I don't want to prematurely pull out hairs Same with shedding and using wax...

So, does anyone else feel the same? How often do you wash your hair please and does anyone else have shedding? I use T Gel 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and nizoral

yeah, everyone here feels like that lol. I wash my hair once or twice a week. very delicately. put on shampoo very carefully, rinse carefully. No hand to hair contact. just with shower. Once rinsed i tend to put my head under the bath water and shake around a bit. When hair dry's after shaking around a bit it goes all big and cool. Its self styling lol.

Go get on the propecia. Dont leave it too long. I started 2 days ago. Probably left it too long already. If you balding start meds. Dont let the doubters put you off the meds. They put me off for long enough.

Good luckl

Cheers.. I was on propecia for 6 weeks but had to stop cos of sides. i ordered revivogen as dht blocker, hope that works (my luck the order has been delayed for a week now) along with saw palmetto, rogaine, lasercomb and nizoral.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Washing and styling your hair will not impact your hair loss (unless you style or wash your hair in some toxic stuff), the hairs that falls out during these daily routines would fall out unnoticed anyway at a later point.

It is normal - and we all have periods of extra ordinary sheds. If you just started minoxolid or propecia it is also very normal to have a reaction. You have to stick with it for at least a few months to test side effects etc, and normally you will then see that your hair loss will be reduced (propecia) and sometimes (also in my case) some regrowth.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    How often do you wash your hair please and does anyone else have shedding? I use T Gel 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and nizoral
    Wash your hair when you need to wash your hair. Shedding is going to happen whether you wash your hair or not. If you go many days between washing, it will seem as though you are shedding more than you actually are. This is because you haven't washed out the hairs that had already shed out days before. Just be gentle with your hair. Don't scrub your scalp when you wash, massage your scalp with the pads of your finger tips.

2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner products are not the best to use. It is best to use separate shampoo and conditioner.

Cheers.. I was on propecia for 6 weeks but had to stop cos of sides. i ordered revivogen as dht blocker, hope that works (my luck the order has been delayed for a week now) along with saw palmetto, rogaine, lasercomb and nizoral.
    Revivogen does nothing to treat hair loss. It is just an over priced bottle of empty promises. Nothing more. Try to cancel that order if you can.

There is some very limited evidence that a quality Saw Palmetto complex might work - maybe. However, you must understand that anything you take to try to control DHT, even herbal "remedies", will likely have a similar side effect profile as Propecia (or generic Finasteride).

Inactive

Due to shedding! I am terrified to wash my hair as I don't want to prematurely pull out hairs Same with shedding and using wax...
    Consider taking MSM.
    I believe while on MSM my shedding was nearly stopped.