+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

I would not recommend anyone going for a HT before 30 either - at least I had a much better idea about my own hair loss around 31-32, and I only started FIN around 34 year, after starting to research more and more.

I have no reason to try to sell you on finasteride, but at least consider to try out either propecia cut in 4 or Proscar cut in 8 - to try out a very low dose, and see if you get any side effects, as for sure it stops most people's hairloss. If you are indeed heading towards a NW6, this could help you a lot.

I hope for you and all of us - that any of the new break through medicines will work and rescue us... if not have you ever tried shaving down to a grade 3?

As mentioned in this thread, I never thought it would work for me, but after a week I kind of liked it.

Anyway - just throwing some ideas out, I am sure you have considered all of them already...

Thanks for your constant support on here... you add a lot of value to this place.

I buzzed down to a 2 all over this time last year. Looked horrendous because it was so patchy. I had a native density forelock, completely thinned out corners, a big thin patch behind the forelock, an ok slightly thinning bridge and then a visibly thinning crown. Looked like a series of islands and streams. Was not a good look. Was considering 1ing it all off but decided to grow it out because it still looks better with some length than short, at least to me anyway which is all that matters.

I won't take finasteride again, was beginning to get gyno in one nipple (same nipple I got it at 13/14 due a growth spurt) so I said no way, I'd rather not be bald but I'd hate to get gyno. Clearly it's not a problem for the vast vast majority but I seem to have a genetic or hormonal susceptibility unfortunately. Sucks.

After looking at H&W's results I could tolerate the scar for a head of hair like they're producing for some of the nw6s to be. The Spanish guy with 8400 had a great result. Something like that would be my only shot I guess since the photos I've had taken show for sure I'm heading towards a 6 or best case scenario a 5. I probably don't have as much available for FUE as you have for example.

Whatever the case, I think I'll wait it out until 30 anyway. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Prob 2, 2.5ish but also kind of getting diffuse loss all over as well. Can kind of get away with something passable with bangs grown out and skillful variation of the length of hair on top.

Not on the finasteride. Gave it a go but it started to do funny stuff to my nipple which was a cause for alarm. I only read all the negative stuff on finasteride after my experience so I can be sure it wasn't just in my head. Using minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo but they don't really do anything it seems.

Envious of your position. A norwood 2.5 at 37 is a great place to be in hairloss wise. You're the perfect candidate for FUE. So nice that you won't have a smiley scar.
    Hi FDR,
    Sorry for the late reply. Sad to hear about your experience on FIN, as probably would have been a good tool in the toolbox to work on your diffuse hair loss on top.

Lets see - I hope for us all, that some new disrupting tech/med discovery like FUE will change the industry again in a few years... whether it is a cure, better alternatives to FIN or donor-regrowth - does not really matter as long as it works better than the current alternatives.

I just got tired of waiting and took a conservative approach with FUE - little scaring, hopefully lots of donor left and a life long hairline approach -so I only will have to make touch-ups behind my hairline if I continue loosing hair despite FIN.

Will update my 3 months pictures in a minute.
    Cheers

3 Months update. Clear growth is here, many white thin hairs are sprouting in the entire recipient area. A hairline like a shadow is forming and my redness is finally more or less gone. Still no comments on my hair except from my wife of course... I like the way it feels like the opposite of balding - every week more hair and when I stand in the shadow in a room - it starts to look like I have a real head of hair

This time my hair is a bit longer than in the other pictures and I took them under very harsh sunlight - I know should be same every time - but actually wanted to see how this would look.

What do you guys think - what will I end up with a NW 1.5 hairline??

I am happy so far with the growth kicking in so early - I hope that is a good sign and that the 12-18 months result will rock...

As always love to hear your comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	316.jpg

Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	14834   Click image for larger version

Name:	317.jpg

Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	14835   Click image for larger version

Name:	319.jpg

Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	14836   Click image for larger version

Name:	320.jpg

Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	14837   Click image for larger version

Name:	321.jpg

Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	14838   Click image for larger version

Name:	322.jpg

Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	14839   Click image for larger version

Name:	323.jpg

Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	14840   Click image for larger version

Name:	324.jpg

Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	14841  

Nice. On the way now. Donor appears to have healed up nicely now. Recipient is looking good too. Beginning to sprout. Great stuff. Keep us posted.

Any updates?

4.5 months update:

Sorry for missing the exact 4 months update. Frankly I spend a lot less time thinking about hairloss and therefore also time spend on this forum is going rapidly down. I will however continue to update (probably more infrequently) until its fully grown out, as the members of this forum have helped me choose the best surgeon and HT type etc - so I want to give that back.

Since last time, I feel great and the best part is that already now when I look in the mirror in a room in normal light, my hairline looks like a NW 1.5-2, which I believe is great and appropriate for a guy approaching 40. In bright light it is still very thin, but I still have 10 months or so growth left.

As always, I really welcome your thoughts and questions.
    Until next time - please research research....
    Cheers

(I included this time 2 first pics as Pre-op to see how I looked before the FUE HT)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Preop.jpg

Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	15520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Preop2.JPG

Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	15521   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5 months1.jpg

Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	15522   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5months2.jpg

Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	15523   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5monhts3.jpg

Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	15524   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5monhts4.jpg

Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	15525   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5monhts5.jpg

Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	15526   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5monhts6.jpg

Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	15527   Click image for larger version

Name:	4,5monhts7.jpg

Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	15528  

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    4.5 months update:

Sorry for missing the exact 4 months update. Frankly I spend a lot less time thinking about hairloss and therefore also time spend on this forum is going rapidly down. I will however continue to update (probably more infrequently) until its fully grown out, as the members of this forum have helped me choose the best surgeon and HT type etc - so I want to give that back.

Since last time, I feel great and the best part is that already now when I look in the mirror in a room in normal light, my hairline looks like a NW 1.5-2, which I believe is great and appropriate for a guy approaching 40. In bright light it is still very thin, but I still have 10 months or so growth left.

As always, I really welcome your thoughts and questions.
    Until next time - please research research....
    Cheers

(I included this time 2 first pics as Pre-op to see how I looked before the FUE HT)
    Looking good, your hair looks better then rooneys.

Looks fantastic and you still have many months of growth ahead. Congrats!

Hi, looks really impressive, had fue with doctor feriduni on April 18. Hope that my result follows your progress so far. I'm at 2 months now so in the waiting phase. I would recommend dr feriduni to anyone including close family. He and is staff are so calming.

The hardest part for me was the realisation of what I had gone through with. I think I shed a few tears in the docs office. Even then he was so understanding. I would defo recommend going with someone. I didn't even tell my girlfriend and I regret that. I had to make up that I caught a scalp infection to explaining the drastic change in my look. So far that has worked even at work!

Keeps us I formed as your progress is confirming that I made the right decision.

Research and research some more is my only advice, look a rooneys result!