Threaded View

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Default Dr Feriduni FUE 2463 dense pack +Acell over 2 days on a 37 year Male NW2.5, 25-26 Jan

I want to start the thread with thanking 3 people/groups:
    First a big thanks to Spencer Kobren for this great site with a ton of information for anyone considering going down the HT route or feeling down due to hair loss.

Secondly thanks to the community, the guys and women, who posts on this forum with news, info, experiences that I have used and made me feel comfortable and ready to take on such life changing event as a HT.

The community is the key reason I and probably many others have not fallen into, what I would consider the 3 death sins of HT:
    1. Let me combine my summer vacation with a HT, it is easy and I am used to multitasking
    2. Let me save EUR 2000 to go to Turkey to get a HT, after all, if it does not work, I have only lost little money (and 2000 donor grafts, but who is counting...)
    3. Let me save the travelling cost and time and go with a local or at least a doctor from the same region/continent, after all the before and after pictures anyway all look the same on the websites…

Finally a big thanks to Dr. Feriduni and his entire team in Hasselt for making me feel like the center of the universe for 2.5 days with everything arranged like business class travelling and a treatment second to none.

After all the thanking, it is time for me to give something back to the community, so here goes. Not sure I am a real HT veteran yet, but never the less I had my first HT 2 days ago. Since this site and a few others have helped me tremendously in finding the right HT doctor, manage my expectations, understand the difference between the procedures and prepare myself for accurate downtime, time off work etc. I want to give back to this great community the most objective post, that I can give of my experience with the IAHRS member - Doctor Feriduni.

Below is as objective, as a (so far) happy patient can be:
    I have split the information into 3 posts to help those, who just want a quick review and those who want all details:

First Post (this one): Short background and the actual hair transplant in numbers and key info + pictures

Second + Third Post: More details of the HT and how the experience was + some more pictures

My story in a short summary (I have posted before):
    37 year old Scandinavian male with a hair loss pattern of NW2-3.
    I have been lurking here for 2 years initially researching, and thereafter became member in early 2010. So for previous 4 years I have been reading and researching. I work in a conservative industry in a suit & tie and with customers up close daily. I started loosing my hair in early 20'ies, until 31 it was still ok, but slowly and island of hair was formed in the forelock, and high receded temples. I have been on proscar cut 1/4 (finasterid) for 2 years and minoxolid in the crown (basically no side effects, it has halted my loss and had good re-growth in the crown). My family history of NW3-4 as max, but nobody with a full head of hair.

I started out 4 years ago believing I had to go for a strip 2-3000 grafts. Then made a short list of H&W, Rahal or Feller. Then later changed my mind to FUE after more research and more hair loss. Made a new short list with Rahal, Feller or Feriduni (contacted 2 of them and ended up choosing Dr. Feriduni, due to chemistry, hairline designs, size of HT and reputation). I have to say I have huge respect for all the IAHRS Docs mentioned above, that I just listed and cannot say, that anything that I found or felt was negative, just had to choose one in the end.

My HT in numbers:
    Dr. Feriduni FUE 2463 dense pack with Acell over 2 days
    Donor supply 96 per sqm
    Total theoretical donor supply with FUE 12500
    Very conservatively calculated donor supply 7-8000 with FUE in minimum 4 sessions (Feriduni told me that his record so far was 10K+ in I think 6 sessions)

Hairs:
    1's : 675
    2's : 1478 = 2956
    3's/4’s: 312 = 1030
    Total app 4660 hairs

Dense pack placement density 60-65 grafts/sq cm just behind the soften hairline, going down to 35 grafts/sq cm further back.
    In the pictures you can see me just pre-op, post-op on the first day and post-op second day and the donor area.

Conclusion:
    I have to stress, that it is too early for me to conclude anything. The final result is 12-15 months away still, but I am happy with the design of the hair line, the way the procedure was done, and the attitude and behavior of the entire team at the Feriduni clinic. I will try to post monthly in this thread with picture updates.

Any questions are welcomed and comments to the hair line etc…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	preop front.jpg

Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	13226   Click image for larger version

Name:	preop left.jpg

Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	13227   Click image for larger version

Name:	preop right.jpg

Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	13228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Postop front.jpg

Size:	45.4 KB