+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Any updates??

Great amazing results so far still researching u must be over the moon?

Can I ask u if u have shaved your sides and back since the op.. And what grade?

Is a grade 1 possible with Feriduni without seeing to much white dot scarring?

Anyone's input would be great!

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Hi Slickster,
    I have not shaved it down further than a grade 3 since the HT. I have an office job in a conservative industry, so it's not optimal to be creative on such matters.

At grade 3, there are no signs what so ever. If you use the search function, I am sure you can find grade 1 shaved down donor areas from FUE, that looks great. If you are Caucasian, I am sure you will not get big white dots, if you go to a top doc.

However if you plan to be shaving to grade 1 anyway, then I would wait some years before I would do a HT... You might stay like that for life or one day due to job or something else want to change hairstyle. What NW are you and how old are you?

Chrisis just got a FUE, he might be willing to shave down in 6 months, he is a young guy :-)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post

A theoretical 12500 FU by FUE is astounding.
    Indeed, the number is really astounding:

Around 2 years ago, I tried (with help of third parties, specialized software etc etc) to figure out my entire number of follicular units in my SAFETY ZONE, whereby I have to say, that in my case (I'm in my early 40s) we even expended the my safety zone somewhat for the calculations. Anyway, we got exactly this number: 12500 FU's -ALL IN ALL.

That means, after extractions of these "austounding theoretical 12500 FU by FUE" - my donor area would be a slick bald scar tissue clump.

By the way - just because a young guy has indeed such a large number of FU's available in his donor area for FUE extractions TODAY, it definitely doesn't mean this guy will still have such a large number available TOMORROW. And what you lose tomorrow in your donor area - you WILL also lose it tomorrow in your recipient area if transplanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post

Any good advises to people looking for HT:
    ...but prepare and research, research, research.
    If your doc can not do dense packing, not sure the result can end up being naturally looking, as I would not be happy with less density than mine is now...

Am I happy with the results:
    Only irritation point is that the temple when looking close up in the mirror on my right side (viewers left) is close up more thin than my left side...
    Your posts contain indeed some irritating points. I mean, what helps a doctor who is able (all the others are unable) to do "dense packing" when the end-results looks as thin as with a lower density and fewer grafts?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Your posts contain indeed some irritating points. I mean, what helps a doctor who is able (all the others are unable) to do "dense packing" when the end-results looks as thin as with a lower density and fewer grafts?
    He said it looks thinner close up than the left side, not that it looks thin.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Hi there 534623,
    When I first came here I felt that some posters were either showing how horrible the HT industry were/is, because they unfortunately was a victim of a bad doctor or how wonderfull because it changed their life, as they had a different feel every time they looked in the mirror. I therefore promised myself to research and mainly follow people who showed the objective full truth, and this is difficult when you have to base it on different fora posts. However over time 2-3 years, you get a great picture of the industry and what works, what is marketing, who are the predators etc...

Sorry then to see that you take out those 3 things from all my posts, where I really strive to be objective.

Anyway, agree with you that 12500 grafts is unrealistic, go back and read my post it says I was planning max 7000 in case proscar should stop working one day. My family history is ok, but not great.

As 25 going on 65, correctly mentions - I said thinner than the other side not thin. My hairline looks great today and I am happy. My point was if I go to a top tier Doc for hairlines and dense packing and I can still see small deviations in density - then how will it go the young guy at 22 who goes to an average HT Doctor in Turkey or the UK for that matter, he will probably (99% sure) be disappointed about the density of the hairline...

The forum needs objective posts otherwise it ends up with only scaremongers and doctor reps battling it out - with little help for the new commers.

Hi Slickster,
    I have not shaved it down further than a grade 3 since the HT. I have an office job in a conservative industry, so it's not optimal to be creative on such matters.

At grade 3, there are no signs what so ever. If you use the search function, I am sure you can find grade 1 shaved down donor areas from FUE, that looks great. If you are Caucasian, I am sure you will not get big white dots, if you go to a top doc.

However if you plan to be shaving to grade 1 anyway, then I would wait some years before I would do a HT... You might stay like that for life or one day due to job or something else want to change hairstyle. What NW are you and how old are you?

Chrisis just got a FUE, he might be willing to shave down in 6 months, he is a young guy :-)

Cheers
    Thanks for your response still researching I'm a nw3 so not to bad..want to be able to shave down donor area to a Grade 1 after a Ht so don't want the white dot scarring though I am Caucasian so think that helps a lot.