+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

I understand people saying that the medication that Stressed is taking is pointless.

But I just let him get on with it, it makes him feel better trying it, it does not harm anyone else. He does not have the money to afford other treatments.

I also do not believe anyone on these forums would take his advice so not sure what the fuss is about.

I do believe some readers on this forum will take his advice. That's the main reason I don't leave it alone.
    I honestly wouldn't mind if he said, "I'm not willing to risk side effects from finasteride, so I'm experimenting with alternative remedies."

Instead, what he says is, "finasteride is an official public health hazard that will soon be pulled from the market! There is more than a 90% chance of side effects, including permanent ED and problems with brain chemistry! Natural alternatives are proven to work and have no side effects! Anyone who disagrees with any of that is just a paid advertiser from Merck! And you should get a transplant without a DHT inhibitor [so that in a few years your native hair falls out and leaves nothing but the transplanted grafts on top of your head]!"

On a side note. I don't see how he can afford 6-8 alternative remedies at a time, but not generic 5 mg finasteride tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I do believe some readers on this forum will take his advice.
    I doubt it.

If people do take his advice then (no offense to stressed) they are naive, no-one should take the advice of one person, they should take the time to research.

If someone takes one persons advice and thats it then they deserve any downfall that comes their way.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I doubt it.

If people do take his advice then (no offense to stressed) they are naive, no-one should take the advice of one person, they should take the time to research.

If someone takes one persons advice and thats it then they deserve any downfall that comes their way.
    I don't doubt it. I recall how desperate I was when I first started looking into hair loss treatments, and how I almost wasted money on scams like Provillus.

I agree it would be naive to rely on one person's advice. But if we can change even one naive person's mind and allow him (or her) to stop losing hair, it's worth the trouble. I wouldn't wish baldness on anyone except people who really deserve it, like Vladimir Putin.

Inactive

Unlike with propecia promoters here, my stance is actually backed by research and latest risk studies, so people can check for themselves instead of putting blind faith in manufacturer's claims and their marketing agents here.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Unlike with propecia promoters here, my stance is actually backed by research and latest risk studies, so people can check for themselves instead of putting blind faith in manufacturer's claims.
    You haven't provided a legitimate scientific study for the following claims:

-That 90+ % of finasteride users experience side effects.
    -That finasteride causes permanent ED and other permanent side effects.
    -That natural remedies are a viable alternative in preventing the progression of genetic alopecia.

Sorry, ranking a few dozen members of propeciahelp.com on the Arizona Sexual Experience Scale doesn't qualify.

On the other hand, people on this forum have linked you to 15+ years of scientific studies that contradict your claims about finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I don't doubt it. I recall how desperate I was when I first started looking into hair loss treatments, and how I almost wasted money on scams like Provillus.

I agree it would be naive to rely on one person's advice. But if we can change even one naive person's mind and allow him (or her) to stop losing hair, it's worth the trouble. I wouldn't wish baldness on anyone except people who really deserve it, like Vladimir Putin.
    There is so much bollox out there, its impossible to police it.

I think I bought fake hairloss pills off the internet ages ago and got ripped off £300. That was my own naive fault. People just need to research, research and research.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    There is so much bollox out there, its impossible to police it.

I think I bought fake hairloss pills off the internet ages ago and got ripped off £300. That was my own naive fault. People just need to research, research and research.
    You are right, research is key, and the final decision lies with each individual. But if you asked us, "should I buy these hair loss pills online for 300 pounds?" Most of us on this forum would have advised you not to, and would have been happy save you the trouble. We certainly wouldn't have pushed you to spend hundreds or thousands on remedies that show no promise of working.
    That's a big part of what this forum is for in my opinion: guiding people towards legitimate options (which they may or may not take advantage of) and away from snake oil.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    The term, “dominant” means that only one gene of a pair is needed for the trait to show up in the individual. A “recessive” gene means that both genes need to be present in order for the trait to be expressed. The genes involved in balding from androgenetic alopecia are felt to be dominant.
    So you mean that if either the father or mother passes the balding gene, the son will be bald. If that is the case, then how come I know a family where the father is bald, but none of his children are. Secondly, if a man is bald, how many percentage chances are that he would pass the gene?