+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Think of the result, the procedure itself is less important.
    I'd never go with FUT, I'm prone to scarring and I believe even people who aren't can end up badly. Let me tell You - there is no such thing as invisible scar !!! You will get one if You go with FUT, the only difference based on the skill of the surgeon Your scar may be more or less noticable, but You would get one for sure ! And worst case scenario You could end up with keloid or even if not - You can end up having to pay for additional FUE just to 'cover' the scar.
    Unfortunately I am yet to have a response from Dr Feriduni who I sent a consultation form to and was the one surgeon I was hoping to hear back from, although the other surgeon I have in mind gives me confidence and I think I could get a good result being his patient.

Just a bit more research needed. I ideally need to know what can potentially be done for me BEFORE I book any surgery. I need to know what I am paying for and travelling thousands of miles for before I get there. Hopefully there are surgeons that can do this. I am not prepared to put down a 20% deposit (£2500) pay £1000 for accommodation and flights, fly to America to be told I am a poor candidate. Who would do that, its madness.

As far as I am aware £15k should pay for it, which would leave £10k in my bank which I could deal with. My parents don't know that I am considering doing this but they have both offered to help me financially when I come to buy a house so that should also help the blow of losing £15k to get some hair back. I would not tell them I had it done until it started growing and then they will feel sorry for me and possibly help me out even more. So overall in the longer term say 3-4 years away with my parents help and my continued saving I should re-coup that £15k+. I like a bit of a gamble so maybe I should just chuck one of my £1000's on a 15-1 bet.

Next step for me is to get a few more questions answered + get a few photos of myself taken posing with a grade 0 haircut and see if I can cope with the way I look, if I decide that I look ok then I may not bother with surgery. If I hate the way I look then I think surgery is the only option.
    We will see.

Inactive

Keep me updated, think I saw that name before, where is Dr. Feriduni located ?

It would be the ideal situation to know what can and cannot be done and how much it costs in advance. Going far off without this, You might loose a good deal of money for nothing and that wouldn't be good.

Sounds fair enough if You can give a portion and save the other as You said, and with parents help, that sounds like a plan.

Best of luck.

PS. Grade 0 haircut - would that be like complete head shaving, with razor ? I've never gone that far, although recently I shaved a bit of parts where my receding lines are in good hope that something might grow up again.

PS. Grade 0 haircut - would that be like complete head shaving, with razor ? I've never gone that far, although recently I shaved a bit of parts where my receding lines are in good hope that something might grow up again.
    No, Grade 0 is the lowest cut on an electric hair trimmer. Basically its without any plastic guard, just the bare clippers themselves.

Not quite a razor shave (I could not do that).

I am currently grade 1 so grade 0 isn't too much different.

You can still see the hairs (well only just) with a grade 0, With razors the hairs gone completely and your just left with a head of skin.

Inactive

Ok, I know what you mean now. I tend to keep the plastic guard on the trimmer, my trimmer is pretty precise and without the guard it barely leaves visible hair so that would feel very similar to shaved head.

Ok, I know what you mean now. I tend to keep the plastic guard on the trimmer, my trimmer is pretty precise and without the guard it barely leaves visible hair so that would feel very similar to shaved head.
    I think a grade 0 is better than a grade 1 when you don't have much left on top, especially when your still in your 20's.

When the hair on top is so far gone that the side and back hair in contrast stands out.

Need to blend it in more and go for a grade 0.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I think a grade 0 is better than a grade 1 when you don't have much left on top, especially when your still in your 20's.

When the hair on top is so far gone that the side and back hair in contrast stands out.

Need to blend it in more and go for a grade 0.
    I don't have much left on the crown and in the front I have receding hairlines. This is still visible with grade 1. I might go with grade 0, but would have to stay in for a few days.. Think I've done something half way similar once by mistake. Its hard to blend in, thats not really possible, not even with a razor - when I look at people who shave their heads - I can still clearly notice the lines of their baldness - even though their heads are clean shaved - it still shows !

I don't have much left on the crown and in the front I have receding hairlines. This is still visible with grade 1. I might go with grade 0, but would have to stay in for a few days.. Think I've done something half way similar once by mistake. Its hard to blend in, thats not really possible, not even with a razor - when I look at people who shave their heads - I can still clearly notice the lines of their baldness - even though their heads are clean shaved - it still shows !
    It will still show that I am bald lol of course it will. There is no way of covering that up. I will see what a grade 0 looks like.

Jason Statham does not look like he shaves his head to a grade 0, in most pictures it looks like grade 1 or 2. He is one of the lucky ones that looks ok with a balding head. But of course would look very good with hair.

Inactive

This guy has very similar front to mine ! Don't know if he has a balding crown too ? My balding crown ain't visible from the front either.

This guy has very similar front to mine ! Don't know if he has a balding crown too ? My balding crown ain't visible from the front either.
    I think this may have been taken a few years ago as his hair has almost disappeared from the top now.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I think this may have been taken a few years ago as his hair has almost disappeared from the top now.
    I can only hope not to end up the same way.. I feel bad enough as it as.
    Honestly, Norwood 4 or 5 already feels like a disaster to me, can't even imagine what I would do if I had Norwood 6 or 7. This way at least still feels I stand a chance.