+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia Received - Here we go!!!

Ok, like many I have been thinking of taking propecia for a while now. Balding for four years and getting to the point where people will start noticing.

So i've taken the plunge and actually now got propeica. Step 1.

Now for the taking it bit. My main concern is:

Making my hair worse?? Tracy please encourage.

Second concern, but not quite so major....

Side effects. I think ill be ok though. I have put alot worse in my body recreationally including horde tranquiliser lol. I also have a hunch that most of the people experiencing sides a probably a but paranoid. Either way, im thinking of starting taking every day. What do you guys think???

Also, I think im gonna post here often to start with. Mainly for my own piece of mind and secondly because I would quite like if if somebody did this for me so im gonna do it for you fellow balders.

Now just the courage to start taking.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhairdude View Post

Making my hair worse??
    It is possible that you hair will get worse temporarily. However, if you do nothing to treat the cause of your hair loss, it will get worse anyway. If you do nothing to treat the cause of your hair loss, your hair will never improve. If your hair loss bugs you enough to talk to a doctor to get the script, you probably should try to do something about it.

Ok, like many I have been thinking of taking propecia for a while now. Balding for four years and getting to the point where people will start noticing.

Side effects. I think ill be ok though. I have put alot worse in my body recreationally including horde tranquiliser lol. I also have a hunch that most of the people experiencing sides a probably a but paranoid. Either way, im thinking of starting taking every day. What do you guys think???

Also, I think im gonna post here often to start with. Mainly for my own piece of mind and secondly because I would quite like if if somebody did this for me so im gonna do it for you fellow balders.

Try not to dwell on the side effects to much. Remember the mind is a powerful thing and can cause all kinds of havoc. I've been on Propecia for roughly a year without any side effects.

I wish you all the success in your treatment.

Much cheaper if you buy Proscar.....try www.proscarbaldness.com

Hey blackhairdude,

I've been on propecia for almost 2 months now and i've not had an initital shed, as of yet. I wouldn't expect an initital shed if i get past the 3 month mark, so lets see. However, i have been feeling a couple of side effects. Whether or not these are propecia related or psychosomatic, i'm not sure.

1) Significantly lowered libido
    2) Problems sleeping

I got quite stressed out with my hair loss last year (and because of a failed HT and some other sh#t), and started experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED). I was CONVINCED there was something wrong with me, in terms of hormones or bloodwork. I saw an endrochronologist about it and he said there was nothing wrong with me and it was purely psychosomatic. Turns out, he was right. The days after that consultation, my ED was vastly improved. Like many guys, i've lived the majority of my life stress free, until i got into my later twenties and started to lose some hair. Also feeling anxious about meeting someone and getting married, which i guess is something single people in their late twenties start worrying about too (hopefully). Hence, stress begins.........your brain NEVER switches off and it starts affecting your body.

Anyway, i think some people are prone to psychosomatic problems, like me. I think the lowered libido may well be related to propecia, but it might just be my mind playing tricks with me, like it did with the ED. Even if i suffer a lowered libido from propecia permantently, i'm opting to live with it rather than suffering from the stress of hair loss. If i get so stressed from hair loss that it causes me ED, i might as well keep my hair with propecia and have a slightly lowered libido.

Good luck !! I'm sure you won't have any issues.

Hi There and thanks for your comments.
    Im glad to see that you have realised that it is your mind giving you the sides and not the meds.
    I however am not really prone to these kind of problems. usually I dismiss sides and get annoyed at people at people who complain about them. (No Offence intended).
    The reason I am pointing this out is because I am actually experiencing a side......Possibly.
    Like I say, I am not one to complain for no reason but since taking these meds I have had a persistent chest pain. It mainly occurs when I burp. And for some reason I have alot of wind atm.
    Any ideas what this is??

Not sure about the chest pain, but i read on the propecia pamphlet that the medication can alter the liver function in some men. Your 'gas' might be caused by decreased liver function, as the liver produces bile to aid food digestion. You should have it checked out if it persists.