+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Op 6 Day

Default Post Op 6 Day

I received approximately 2,220 grafts 6 days ago by Dr. Jefferey Epstein out of his New York office. My recovery has really been better than expected. I have a little tenderness in the donor area from the sutures but feel really good otherwise. I still have a little bit of scabbing and only a few clumps of scabs in 3-4 areas. I plan on testing the gym out tomorrow to see how my donor site holds up. It's amazing that only after 6 days I can look in the mirror and see the implanted hairs. It will be a depressing day when these hairs shed 2-3 weeks from now, it sucks that shedding is part of the deal. Anyways I'm very excited to see the results and so far my experience has been a good one. I will update with photos pre and post op. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jleb84 View Post
    ......... I plan on testing the gym out tomorrow to see how my donor site holds up.
    Probably not a good idea
    You don't want to do strenuous exercise and stretch the back before it's completly healed in case you end up with a scar bigger than you thought

Agree with Dave. Not a wise move to be going to the gym so soon after surgery.
    I had my surgery about 35 days ago and wont be hitting the gym for at least another month. My doc said 3 months for heavy lifting. At least a month for light excercise e.g. jogging.