+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Big 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is a strong statement. Unfortunately there are operations who are doing just that, especially in the hair loss market. I do not know exactly why the "provider" you mention was shut down. Since I know of people who have been harmed using those formulas, I suspect it is likely because people have been harmed.
    I'm not sure how best to continue this constructively - but I think it is important that we do. I have no doubt that there are people who have been 'harmed' by most medical treatments. Cerainly, there are many who claim to have been harmed by 'The Big Three'. I would have thought that there is a lot of evidence that they have been.

Is it the 'formula' aspect of the Dr Lee preparations that you are particularly suspicious of? I hope that you are willing to continue this thread and that others will chip in.

Tracy. My apologies to you, to other posters - and, possibly, to Spex.It is difficult keeping track of multiple threads about the 'same' topic.
    I now see that it may have been Dr Charles who I quoted on Dr Lee - not Spex.
    However, I can't find if Dr Charles followed up on what he said; or where it might be, if he did; or why he didn't follow up on it, if he didn't. Can anyone help? - Especially Dr Charles.

See: on another thread:
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some other on line pharmacies that are doing 10-15% Minoxidil solutions. They probably do not have the same ingredient combinations that you have been using but may be close. I will work on getting the names for everyone. I also have had many patients over the years that swear by Dr. Lees solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    Is it the 'formula' aspect of the Dr Lee preparations that you are particularly suspicious of?
    Absolutely. I do not feel it is productive or helpful to discuss this any further. The fact that these "providers" have been shut down - and will continue to be shut down, should be enough to show that these products should be avoided. There are proven products that have been FDA approved or cleared for the treatment of hereditary hair loss. Use those.

Absolutely. I do not feel it is productive or helpful to discuss this any further. The fact that these "providers" have been shut down - and will continue to be shut down, should be enough to show that these products should be avoided. There are proven products that have been FDA approved or cleared for the treatment of hereditary hair loss. Use those.
    Tracy. Point taken and thank you for your advice. But I do hope others - both 'experts' and 'users' - will continue with the direction this thread is taking.

Agreed on minoxidil. Not agreed on finasteride. Just the fact that it is FDA proven does not make it a viable or effective treatment to me. The lobby of those companies is just extremely powerful promoting a product that can cause serious side-effects (documented in scientific publications and starting to be banned in some countries). Caveat emptor ("Let the Buyer beware").