+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Big 3

Holy crap, those results demonstrated by ProAntix are absolutely amazing. I have never seen the so-called Big 3 produce results even close to that! Wow, if those 3 treatment consistently produced those kinds of results, I'd be on them non-stop! I hope that ProAntix still frequents these message boards because I'd love to ask him about his regimen, because those results are downright astounding! I'd like to know everything about his hair regrowth regimen because I'd give anything for those kind of results. Specifically: how often did he use minoxidil and finasteride and nizoral? And what else he did to achieve that remarkable regrowth. Hell, those results are even better than most hair transplants!

GREAT stuff! Well done for getting on appropriate treatments and catching it

You clearly responded very well and really chuffed for you well done!!!!!!

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Seriously need an alternative to propecia that does not cause sexual sides..

Yeah, but what about 2 posts up.... 6 months on, then 3 or 6 months off?

Default The Big Three

I have been a ******* 15 and fin user for 7 years and, since the closure of Dr Lee am seeking a replacement for the *******.

Mostly, I am seeking the sort of sensible advice that this thread provides in abundance. Spex, in particular (together with Dr Haber) talks the sort of language I associate with professionalism and the Dr Lee approach - realistic and evidence-based, insofar as we have the evidence.

I an allergic to PG - which was what led me to Dr Lee after several years on Regaine 2%, the 5%.

I intend to add Nizoral 1% and see how I get on with that.

My big problem is whether to go with one of the easily available ******* type 15% - minoxidil and azeliac acid - solutions - easily available on the internet, that is. Mostly the reports of these products on internet forums are not good - but to be fair many talk of what might be temporary shedding, they experience with these products. However, I have yet to read a glowing report from people looking for a ******* 15 replacement. Also, the way some of these companies seem to scam their products spooks me.

Or should I go with Rogaine foam? Again, there are scary postings of more or less continuous sheds with the foam, which lead many to go back to the liquid - no good for me, because of the PG.

Your advice would be most appreciated.

I would be very keen to privately email Dr Spex. Or, indeed, mention by name internet alternative 15%'s, on this thread, if that was appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Seriously need an alternative to propecia that does not cause sexual sides..
    And we definitely need a better hair regrowth stimulant than minoxidil, which doesn't cause any type of meaningful regrowth on most people. That guy ProAntix just had totally amazing results that I've frankly never ever seen before.

Default The Big Three

I am taking the liberty of posting this on this - more relevant - thread. It would be good to get the views of experts such as Spex and Dr Haber, as well as the views of experienced users of the relevant products. It raises issue of importance to many of us.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE=Tracy C;46575]Higher dose [of minoxidil] does not equate to more effectiveness. Higher dose does equate to increasing the probability of experiencing negative sides effects.

Here in the U.S., the highest dose you can get through legitimate channels and without a prescription is 5%. There is probably a very good reason for that. It is most likely to achieve a more acceptable side effect profile.

Tracy, I have followed many of your postings, as a newby to the site - and am broadly in agreement with much of your - in the main - mainstream advice. However, I wondered how you deal with the the fact that so many 'swear by' Dr Lee's products (the defunct - since March - regrowth.com). I believe Spex posted and said many of his patients say the same thing about the value of Dr Lee's products, incidentally.

I, for one, am running around like a headless chicken looking for advice on what to use to substitute for his ******* 15. Many of us used this for up to 10 years, having been advised to move to it from ******* 5 by Dr Lee - given our particular circumstances.

As you may know, the FDA closed his operation in March. I developed an allergy to PG which was what led me to Dr Lee, in the first place - after using over the counter Regaine. I do take fin, I may start Nizoral 1%.

Irrationally, or not, to switch to 5% Regaine foam, twice a day - from ******* 5 and ******* 15 (probably the 'mainstream' advice?) seems more scary than to go with something like Dualgen - 5 and 15 (minoxidil max). With the minox, there is 5% azeliac acid - not proven, of course, in all these products.

Those anti-Lee often explain his apparent 'success' by saying it was the first rate minoxidil that he used that was most responsible. Also, for someone like me, his professional and 'realistic' approach eventually led me to trust both him and his products.

I would be very glad of your view. I'm assuming you know, too, that minoxidil.solutions which purported to take over his operation around July - ceased trading in December. There are mixed views on the efficacy of their product; their legitimacy, and their operation, in general. Either way, it is irrelevant now because they have gone.

Your advice would be most appreciated. Although, to be honest, I think I picked up from other postings of yours that you were not very knowledgable about Dr Lee - there were certain inaccuracies in the general thread. I found this rather surprising when so many in the MPB community rated him and his products so highly.

It would be good to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    I think I picked up from other postings of yours that you were not very knowledgable about Dr Lee...
    I know of Dr. Lee through folks who have been harmed from using his formulas. What you read on the web is not "the grand scheme of things" so to speak. You are only getting a small part of the whole picture.

There is a reason "providers" such as you mention have been shut down - and will continue to be shut down in the future. It is not a conspiracy. The FDA has a job to do. Part of that job is to shut down operations that wantonly sell products that can cause harm.

Default The Big Three

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I know of Dr. Lee through folks who have been harmed from using his formulas. What you read on the web is not "the grand scheme of things" so to speak. You are only getting a small part of the whole picture.

There is a reason "providers" such as you mention have been shut down - and will continue to be shut down in the future. It is not a conspiracy. The FDA has a job to do. Part of that job is to shut down operations that wantonly sell products that can cause harm.

I appreciate this is a rather delicate matter. Do we know why he was shut down? Do we have any evidence for the reasons? 'Wantonly sell products that can cause harm' is quite a strong statement.

It is a strong statement. Unfortunately there are operations who are doing just that, especially in the hair loss market. I do not know exactly why the "provider" you mention was shut down. Since I know of people who have been harmed using those formulas, I suspect it is likely because people have been harmed.