+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    If the 1st picture is correct, he seems to be Norwood 7, the final stage of baldness.
    No he doesn't. A NW7 is much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I do not see why people go on about there not being enough donor hair at all.
    You both need to get out and talk to some hair restoration doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Peter View Post
    I guess it would feel like that if you wore it 24/7. The longest I have went is 2 days and even then I was itching to get it off.

I couldn't go weeks and weeks like some guys.

Think of it like you're putting on a nice suit. You put it on for the evening then take it off.

That's what I do with my hair systems.

As regards Travolta, he only wears one like I do when he feels like it.
    There is something about wigs that would make me feel like I was conning myself and conning others. If I went out in a wig then not only would people be like woah.....how did you get your hair back and probably would start pulling at it, which wouldn't be good.

Also If a girl chatted me up and asked for my number and I started seeing her, there is no way I would be able to keep the wig a secret and she would very soon get the shock of her life when I take it off or it falls off.

But if it works for you then great.

There is something about wigs that would make me feel like I was conning myself and conning others. If I went out in a wig then not only would people be like woah.....how did you get your hair back and probably would start pulling at it, which wouldn't be good.

Also If a girl chatted me up and asked for my number and I started seeing her, there is no way I would be able to keep the wig a secret and she would very soon get the shock of her life when I take it off or it falls off.

But if it works for you then great.
    You could be like me and treat the wig-wearing as a bit of a joke. For those who know and suspect, admit it, you're wearing a system. Big deal. If you show you're not bothered then they will soon give up caring.

Also, strangers rarely look at somene's head long enough to suspect it's a wig, a toupee, a system.

Unless it looks like this:

My advice is to enjoy wearing hair. But don't wear a bad one. Let them keep guessing. If it's good they won't be sure if it is or it isn't.

There is something about wigs that would make me feel like I was conning myself and conning others.
    If you were female you would feel very different about that. Ha ha

I was wearing wigs for years before I started treating my hair loss - and until I had regrown & transplanted enough hair to not need wigs any more.

You could be like me and treat the wig-wearing as a bit of a joke. For those who know and suspect, admit it, you're wearing a system. Big deal. If you show you're not bothered then they will soon give up caring.
    I agree with this. Everyone in my life knew I was wearing hair back when I needed to wear hair. Nearly everyone was very kind and supportive about it. I know it's different for females than it is for males - but it isn't that different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I agree with this. Everyone in my life knew I was wearing hair back when I needed to wear hair. Nearly everyone was very kind and supportive about it. I know it's different for females than it is for males - but it isn't that different.
    But more to the point: strangers as a rule don't go round every minute of the day looking for who is wearing fake hair.

That is true. People generally don't care. However everyone notices a lady who is losing her hair. I just don't see any reason why it couldn't be just as acceptable for a male to wear hair as it is for a female to wear hair. The emotional trauma of losing your hair is a very big deal but wearing hair is not nearly as bad. It can help you cope with the emotional trauma. It certainly helped me cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is true. People generally don't care. However everyone notices a lady who is losing her hair. I just don't see any reason why it couldn't be just as acceptable for a male to wear hair as it is for a female to wear hair. The emotional trauma of losing your hair is a very big deal but wearing hair is not nearly as bad. It can help you cope with the emotional trauma. It certainly helped me cope.
    Being a bald man, I admit I DO look at guys and think, 'he's wearing a wig.' But I don't do that with women. Mainly because women can have full big hair (like in the Dallas days) and it isn't necessarily a wig. Young guys can have big hair too.

It's only when I see a man aged about 65 with black hair and 180% density that I suspect.

But as I said, men and women who aren't fixated with hair as much as me or others, are not on a mission to find the wig-wearer of the day.

Inactive

I don't know, although its not my personal choice, I can't really judge anyone going with a hair system, everyone should use what makes them feel better. I wish there was a cure though - one everyone could afford and grow back a full set of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    I don't know, although its not my personal choice, I can't really judge anyone going with a hair system, everyone should use what makes them feel better. I wish there was a cure though - one everyone could afford and grow back a full set of hair.
    If you're gonna get a hair system I suggest you:

Avoid poly thin skin as it's dreadful. Low density 65-70% French lace looks more realistic, although you may find glues are better than tapes. I can't ever get tapes to stick for me so I use white glue.

Full caps are also something to avoid, maybe. I've had three and whilst they put hair on your head, I still couldn't be honest with myself that the hair staring back in the mirror looked real.

Inactive

If you're gonna get a hair system I suggest you:

Avoid poly thin skin as it's dreadful. Low density 65-70% French lace looks more realistic, although you may find glues are better than tapes. I can't ever get tapes to stick for me so I use white glue.

Full caps are also something to avoid, maybe. I've had three and whilst they put hair on your head, I still couldn't be honest with myself that the hair staring back in the mirror looked real.
    Thanks and appreciate the advice but I myself am not considering a hair system. I am trying to regrow my hair via natural 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and fingers crossed in the months to follow I am hoping for at least some visible results.