+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    If only fake hair could be somehow stuck to the head permanently in a totally realistic way....
    I'd never do it either.
    This actor however would disagree, he became a symbol for fake hair..
    http://www.travolta.com/
    Can't say that I understand him - I mean he can afford the best HT in the world - why not implant real hair and get the same looks instead of going out with fake hair system his entire life ?

Inactive

Is the first picture genuine, no photoshop ? I've never seen him with that state of hair. I know the 2nd picture style though, no hair at all.

If the 1st picture is correct, he seems to be Norwood 7, the final stage of baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Is the first picture genuine, no photoshop ? I've never seen him with that state of hair. I know the 2nd picture style though, no hair at all.

If the 1st picture is correct, he seems to be Norwood 7, the final stage of baldness.
    Both are genuine.

He must be wearing a pretty good hair piece in that photo on his website.

He sorta looks kinda cool with a completely shaved head, at that age he should not care. I am sure he had his fair share of women in his time. He surely doesn't need to worry about his looks anymore.

Inactive

Both are genuine.

He must be wearing a pretty good hair piece in that photo on his website.

He sorta looks kinda cool with a completely shaved head, at that age he should not care. I am sure he had his fair share of women in his time. He surely doesn't need to worry about his looks anymore.
    He's most likely Norwood 7 then. I've read here on the forum btw, that many think HT at that stage might not be a good idea. I don't know, why not, I mean he can pay 10,000+ grafts or whatever it takes, I'd choose that over a hair piece any time. But maybe he has other reasons, maybe he dislikes surgery or something like that.

As for the hair piece, he probably buys the best one out there.. don't know the prices, but I assume it easily costs at least a few thousand dollars and probably has to be replaced from time to time.

I think he still minds. I've never seen him in a tv show, interview etc. without beeing armed with a full hair piece. Anyway, I think we all mind, no one really likes to be bald.

He's most likely Norwood 7 then. I've read here on the forum btw, that many think HT at that stage might not be a good idea. I don't know, why not, I mean he can pay 10,000+ grafts or whatever it takes, I'd choose that over a hair piece any time. But maybe he has other reasons, maybe he dislikes surgery or something like that.
    I don't get why people say not to have a transplant at that norwood stage, does not make sense....people go on about graft numbers because apparently there is not enough donor hair but from some of the photos I have seen on transplants people have practically had the whole of their practically naked scalps transformed into a full head of hair.

Also surely you could quite easily take 30-40% from the back and sides and be able to cover the top of the head. If not just bring the hairline back a centimetre or just leave the crown a bit thinner and thicken it up by using grafts from body hair, ie chest hair.

I do not see why people go on about there not being enough donor hair at all.

Inactive

The donor hair issue and supposed limited numbers is a puzzle to me as well. I mean any bald person should have 1000s of hairs on the sides and back.. so how indeed can there be a lack to donor hair ? And all this hair is DHT resistant so it can't fall out.

When I think of it actually, completely bald people might have a significant advantage - the disadvantage is of course the cost due to larger number of grafts needed - but the major advantage - as they have already lost all DHT non resistant hairs - their later outlook, their overall hair after the surgery should be much better as they have nothing to loose in the future ! The transplanted hairs will always be there and HT itself won't be compromised as it might happen in cases where people cover their current bald spots only to discover that they need another transplant, when they loose more DHT affected hairs in the future.

When I think of it actually, completely bald people might have a significant advantage - the disadvantage is of course the cost due to larger number of grafts needed - but the major advantage - as they have already lost all DHT non resistant hairs - their later outlook, their overall hair after the surgery should be much better as they have nothing to loose in the future ! The transplanted hairs will always be there and HT itself won't be compromised as it might happen in cases where people cover their current bald spots only to discover that they need another transplant, when they loose more DHT affected hairs in the future.
    I am pretty far gone, I tend to find that men tend to keep some hair on top of their scalps, my dad has, even if its just a small amount at least it means you need less grafts.

I don't really see why some people fill in their hairline after its only receeded barely a centimetre. They will need to come back on a yearly basis to keep filling it in.

Just wanted to add, Travolta looks like a straight up bad ass mother****er with the bald look. A lot of us are not so lucky, I don't see why he doesn't rock it.

If only fake hair could be somehow stuck to the head permanently in a totally realistic way....

Otherwise I am not keen. I would feel a bit of a tit with a dead badger on my head to be honest and then a big gust of wind taking it away..

I guess it would feel like that if you wore it 24/7. The longest I have went is 2 days and even then I was itching to get it off.

I couldn't go weeks and weeks like some guys.

Think of it like you're putting on a nice suit. You put it on for the evening then take it off.

That's what I do with my hair systems.

As regards Travolta, he only wears one like I do when he feels like it.